• 10(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2016-11-22, 21:03)baba420 Wrote: So are there any NUC alike barebones available for HTPC purposes? Any reviews from the above mentioned Beebox?

I had old Asrock model (Vision 3D), I changed the CPU to i7 and 3D, FULL BD had no problem. But BeeBox and Kaby Lake is "another world". With my old player I cannot play 4K, now, I can play it without stuttering, plus, with the MVC Kodi fork, I can now play 3D without using external player...
Highly recommended!!! Nod
(2016-11-22, 21:14)Lucas Rey Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:03)baba420 Wrote: So are there any NUC alike barebones available for HTPC purposes? Any reviews from the above mentioned Beebox?

I had old Asrock model (Vision 3D), I changed the CPU to i7 and 3D, FULL BD had no problem. But BeeBox and Kaby Lake is "another world". With my old player I cannot play 4K, now, I can play it without stuttering, plus, with the MVC Kodi fork, I can now play 3D without using external player...

Which model do you have exactly and do you have a webshop? I have since recently a LG OLED 4K TV (65E6V) and I want a HTPC which is 4K ready. I dislike Android boxes and prefer LibreELEC or Windows systems.

How did you connect the BeeBox with your TV? HDMI 2.0 or Display Port?
(2016-11-22, 22:26)baba420 Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:14)Lucas Rey Wrote:

Which model do you have exactly and do you have a webshop? I have since recently a LG OLED 4K TV (65E6V) and I want a HTPC which is 4K ready. I dislike Android boxes and prefer LibreELEC or Windows systems.

How did you connect the BeeBox with your TV? HDMI 2.0 or Display Port?

I have BeeBox 7200U (i5), found it at a local reseller for 420€ (I live in Italy), anyway it can be found also online for lower price. I have LG OLED 65EG960V and beebox is connected directly to TV on HDMI 1.4 4K/2K@30Hz (3D works only with this port). The other HDMI port is 4K/2K@60Hz,
As I wrote I'm absolutely happy with that device, togheter with MVC Kodi fork it plays almost everithing without issue. I recommend it unreservedly unless you need something special like loseless audio or something like that and you don't have a receiver.
There are other device with Kaby Lake, like gigabyte brix or MSI Cubi2, but without CIR. Here you can found more info.
I've a GB-BKi7HA-7500 connected to a LG 65B6V. 4k play fine and smooth, but can't get HDR to work with kodi. I'm no sure if HDMI 2.0 on the Brix is actually HDMI 2.0a. I've contacted Gigabyte support to confirm. So I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue (HDMI 2.0 instead of HDMI 2.0a) or it's a software issue and Kodi doesn't support HDR yet?
(2016-11-23, 15:04)FrancWest Wrote: I've a GB-BKi7HA-7500 connected to a LG 65B6V. 4k play fine and smooth, but can't get HDR to work with kodi. I'm no sure if HDMI 2.0 on the Brix is actually HDMI 2.0a. I've contacted Gigabyte support to confirm. So I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue (HDMI 2.0 instead of HDMI 2.0a) or it's a software issue and Kodi doesn't support HDR yet?

Where did you buy the BRIX from?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Here:

https://www.centralpoint.nl/barebones/gi...m-6614963/

They are currently out of stock. Exptected Dec. 7th again.
The less taller version is still on stock:

https://www.centralpoint.nl/barebones/gi...m-6614961/
(2016-11-23, 16:24)FrancWest Wrote: The less taller version is still on stock:

https://www.centralpoint.nl/barebones/gi...m-6614961/

Thanks!

Have to make decision between the Asrock and the BrixSmile
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
ECS Liva now will released and im suppose will most cheapest - last version coast 170$ i hope will with Apollo lake arround 200$
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product...-1&LanID=0
(2016-11-23, 16:07)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 15:04)FrancWest Wrote: I've a GB-BKi7HA-7500 connected to a LG 65B6V. 4k play fine and smooth, but can't get HDR to work with kodi. I'm no sure if HDMI 2.0 on the Brix is actually HDMI 2.0a. I've contacted Gigabyte support to confirm. So I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue (HDMI 2.0 instead of HDMI 2.0a) or it's a software issue and Kodi doesn't support HDR yet?

Does work 3D with the Hdmi 2.0 port?
hi please owners of Kaby lake put command in LE (if you have connected to AVR)
"cat /proc/asound/card0/eld\#2.0" and send me here output - i think i found issue of HD audio passthrough
(2016-11-25, 09:41)Caramba69 Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 16:07)movie78 Wrote:

Does work 3D with the Hdmi 2.0 port?

Don't know. The LG 65B6V doesn't support 3D.
Why isn't there still an answer in this thread whether Kodi does or doesn't support HDR? It would make troubleshooting a lot more easier. Currently I don't get HDR when playing a HDR video clip using the GB-BKi7HA-7500 and LG 65B6V. It would be nice if some of the Kodi devs could give a definitive answer.
We don't support it at all. Nothing in kodi takes care of it ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Is there any video app that supports HDR on Kaby Lake or Apollo Lake? HDR may just be something Intel has to enable in the graphics driver in combi w/Windows 10? No idea, just wondering Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3