• 11(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2016-11-25, 18:36)fritsch Wrote: We don't support it at all. Nothing in kodi takes care of it ...

It's just Kodi or something to with the hardware/software?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-11-25, 18:36)fritsch Wrote: We don't support it at all. Nothing in kodi takes care of it ...

Any plans on supporting it in the near future?
No time. Kodi does not have any fulltime developers. Those that have the hardware and the time to watch content should implement it -> that's how opensource works. Within the team currently there are no plans in that direction. Enough todo with current bugs :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-11-25, 21:10)fritsch Wrote: No time. Kodi does not have any fulltime developers. Those that have the hardware and the time to watch content should implement it -> that's how opensource works. Within the team currently there are no plans in that direction. Enough todo with current bugs :-)

That's is a sad way of putting itSad
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
You know - I am realistic. I know how many devs we have and how many different people commit to kodi. So chances are high, that something gets done, when those that need / want it and additionally already have the HW - would take responsibility and get that stuff implemented.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
This leaves us middle nowhere, some of us were ready or already invested in this hardware but with your honesty which I have issues with sometimes is always welcome.

Any kodi developer thinking about investing their time in this please let us know to keep this alive
For linux (where most of our video / audio devs) are working on - there is currently not even a single chance to get that working without: hacking wayland, extending MIR - X11 is a deadend for me. There are even no proprietary solutions, the only thing currently active is nvidia: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n...ux-Lacking looking into implementing something proprietary, but no code was shown yet - nothing seen.

What's the status on windows? Is there perhaps a DXVA API? If that would be the case - possible kodi changes with DXVA rendering and dxva decoding are doable, as we easily get into that chain. But if not - kodi team cannot just write display servers / rendering infrastructure and drivers.

Also don't forget on other platforms we use OpenGL / OpenGLES. For some background: http://learnopengl.com/#!Advanced-Lighting/HDR

So - it's a whole lot of work getting anything done here.

But there is also some "good" news: Decoding 10 bit values while keeping the 10 bit precission is still doable today. It works on DXVA and within SW decoding. Though the render path is highly critical.
@movie78

Have you tried madVR and the Kodi DSPlayer, when it comes to 10 bit output, HDR and 4k? The latest madVR build finally supports HDR:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188
As I thought:

Quote:10-bit output requires the following is checked in general settings:
enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode;
use Direct3D 11 for presentation (Windows 7 and newer).

Yeah - that's what I said above with DXVA. He does not mention what will happen with 8 bit content, though. Edit: He does, but - it strongly interacts with the "full / Limited" range setting above. And this again is highly dependend on the GPU driver setting itself. Handle with care I'd say.
(2016-11-26, 14:26)bollstedt Wrote: @movie78

Have you tried madVR and the Kodi DSPlayer, when it comes to 10 bit output, HDR and 4k? The latest madVR build finally supports HDR:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222576
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188

jriver + madVR + lav filter + intel graphics is highly unstable with mkv mvc 3D playback. at least with intel 5100. i had it finally playing back for a few mins without stutter but required tweaking madVR and jriver would always eventually crash. madVR 3D support is best on nvidia or amd. intel has been reported to be a problem in their forums.

ymmv. good luck and if you try let us know if it works. there simply is not nor has there ever been a complete all in one solution. kodi mvc for now is the closest in my opinion. once i start collecting hdr / 4K content i'm hopeful there will be an updated version that supports. i am confident there will be. just takes time.
@weak05 was nice to fine this information about HDR support in Windows HDR, could this be any help?
I got my Asrock Beebox-S 7200 and have some issues with the latest MVC build. I followed the recommended instructions, such as having up-to-date Intel drivers, optimal Windows 10 and Kodi settings. My issues so far:

- I have set my resolution to 1920x1080p and " Use fullscreen windows" toggled off and yet almost every movie I play I have small black bars to the left and right. As soon I stop the movie the GUI of Kodi has also black bars to the left and right. This disappears as soon I restart Kodi but comes back whenever I play a movie.
- I can't chose the option " hardware based" as preferred mode. The option isn't just there but in the MVC build thread it's advised to select that option.
- My LG OLED 65E6V doesn't switch automatically to the right 3D mode whenever I play a 3D movie. I have to press the 3D button on the remote and select the right 3D modus.

Has anyone tried the latest Millhouse LibreELEC build? I guess we have to wait until Kodi developers have the Kaby Lake hardware and optimize it for Kodi.
Hi,

Just got my Gigabyte Brix BKi5a

Everything works prefect out of the box. Tried Libreelec beta and Krypton nightly on Win 10.

No issues. Video is fine and Audio passthrough's working. I added a Flirc for harmony control and it works like a charm.
(2016-11-27, 15:57)baba420 Wrote: I got my Asrock Beebox-S 7200 and have some issues with the latest MVC build. I followed the recommended instructions, such as having up-to-date Intel drivers, optimal Windows 10 and Kodi settings. My issues so far:

- I have set my resolution to 1920x1080p and " Use fullscreen windows" toggled off and yet almost every movie I play I have small black bars to the left and right. As soon I stop the movie the GUI of Kodi has also black bars to the left and right. This disappears as soon I restart Kodi but comes back whenever I play a movie.
It happens only one time also to me. But so far, no other issue. Which kind of movie you played?
(2016-11-27, 15:57)baba420 Wrote: - I can't chose the option " hardware based" as preferred mode. The option isn't just there but in the MVC build thread it's advised to select that option.
- Be sure you use 1920x1080p both on Kodi and Windows, and be sure you use HDMI 1,4 (the one close to the two USB port). Plus remember, HDMI port on beebox is not hot plugged, so you have to reboot the device once you change the port.

(2016-11-27, 15:57)baba420 Wrote: - My LG OLED 65E6V doesn't switch automatically to the right 3D mode whenever I play a 3D movie. I have to press the 3D button on the remote and select the right 3D modus.
This is not the right 3D modus, you just use 2D to 3D, and this because no hardware option setup on Kodi.

This is my settings as you request by PM:
Thanks for your reply Lucas. Unfortunately no matter what I do, I just don't get the Hardware option as preferred mode in system settings.

In Windows 10 Display settings I enabled 3D and of course I made sure I used the HDMI 1.4 port. I played a MVC mkv of Avatar and my TV didn't switch to the right 3D modus. Neither disappeared those ugly black bars during playback of regular video 1080p/720p files.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3