• 27(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2017-02-15, 16:05)hdmkv Wrote: Damn, thought this was an exciting development... oh well, back to Beebox-S 7100U/7200U it would seem.

Anh idea how it still has the "wow factor" compared to my q10 pro?

CPU usage is maximum of 18% - usually around 3-7% when playing a 3D BR ISO.

Clinging onto hope that there may be something working here even without it showing hardware mode? Confused lol
(2017-02-15, 16:02)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 16:00)movie78 Wrote: Without Hardware Based option available I think the Intel Kaby Lake NUC is not outputting FramePacking MVC but sending the signal as Top/Bottom and your TV is doing the 3D conversion.

Would it be worth me trying Kodi 16.1, or would that make no difference?

So once Intel sort this, the 3D will get even better?!

3D MVC is only available on Kodi 17 for now, let hope Intel is working on a fix for this.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Good question... maybe @afedchin can address this, but is your NUC possibly outputting full TAB (OU)? If not, the wow factor could just be the quality of your TV... it's hard to immediately tell the difference between half-rez 3D and full MVC. Needs closer examination or a large screen, projection, maybe over 100".
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2017-02-15, 16:15)hdmkv Wrote: Good question... maybe @afedchin can address this, but is your NUC possibly outputting full TAB (OU)? If not, the wow factor could just be the quality of your TV... it's hard to immediately tell the difference between half-rez 3D and full MVC. Needs closer examination or a large screen, projection, maybe over 100".

It has me confused for sure! The q10 pro was on the same tv and didn't look anywhere near as good as this.

Maybe just windows by default looks better?

Even the Mrs noticed it and for her to notice it must have actually been a LOT better haha!
3D just look better on Intel HW than any Android media player I have seen, so I think what you seeing make sense.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2017-02-15, 16:23)movie78 Wrote: 3D just look better on Intel HW than any Android media player i have seen.

Guess that may explain it then. Damn, I thought it was all good when it was triggering 3d and looking amazing.

I guess I can live with this for now, as it does look fantastic - once it goes hardware then maybe even better?? Big Grin
(2017-02-15, 16:24)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 16:23)movie78 Wrote: 3D just look better on Intel HW than any Android media player i have seen.

Guess that may explain it then. Damn, I thought it was all good when it was triggering 3d and looking amazing.

I guess I can live with this for now, as it does look fantastic - once it goes hardware then maybe even better?? Big Grin

Try to your resolution to 1920X1080p to see if you can get HW based and also turn Deep Color OFF your LG TV
(2017-02-15, 16:27)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 16:24)safcsat Wrote:

Try to your resolution to 1920X1080p to see if you can get HW based and also turn Deep Color OFF your LG TV

I'll try that now.

Display resolution as well, not just kodi resolution?
(2017-02-15, 18:09)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 16:27)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 16:24)safcsat Wrote: Guess that may explain it then. Damn, I thought it was all good when it was triggering 3d and looking amazing.

I'll try that now.

Change display resolution first then check Kodi resolution to if changed and if it doesn't change it close Kodi and reopen it.
Now check to see if HW based is available.
(2017-02-15, 18:20)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 18:09)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 16:27)movie78 Wrote: Try to your resolution to 1920X1080p to see if you can get HW based and also turn Deep Color OFF your LG TV

I'll try that now.

Change display resolution first then check Kodi resolution to if changed and if it doesn't change it close Kodi and reopen it.

HW based is now available after doing all of the above but also turning off HDMi Deep Colour on my TV.

However...if I select it, then try and play a 3D ISO...no signal from TV.

Should I select it as default, then try turning back on HDMi Deep colour maybe?
I tried setting back to deep colour, out of interest, hardware remains as an option now - but whenever I play anything, still lose signal until the item has finished playing then it returns back to kodi screen.
(2017-02-15, 18:57)safcsat Wrote: I tried setting back to deep colour, out of interest, hardware remains as an option now - but whenever I play anything, still lose signal until the item has finished playing then it returns back to kodi screen.

Same problem here with my beebox when I use the dp->hdmi 2.0 adapter. It seems to be the same problem.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(2017-02-15, 18:24)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 18:20)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 18:09)safcsat Wrote: I'll try that now.

HW based is now available after doing all of the above but also turning off HDMi Deep Colour on my TV.

Try these settings in Kodi

(2017-02-15, 19:11)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 18:24)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 18:20)movie78 Wrote: Change display resolution first then check Kodi resolution to if changed and if it doesn't change it close Kodi and reopen it.

Try these settings in Kodi

Same results.

The only way I can get any video output with it set to hardware stereoscopic is to set it to use full screen window mode, it kicks straight in to the video but it is crazy, flickering all over the place. It doesn't lose the signal however..
If I don’t care about 3D MVC is there any Kaby Lake box that I in any way can get 4k 10bit in 60hz with HD-Audio bitstream (preferable also with Atmos and DTS:X) from? I was going to buy the new Intel NUC but I'm confused after reading everything that I might not be able to use it for that?
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3