• 34(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2017-03-27, 01:00)deaerator Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 23:13)baba420 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 20:01)deaerator Wrote: 2 Questions:

Has anyone able to get netflix uhd working on their beebox-s7100?

Netflix is not working on my Beebox-S 7200. Not with Edge browser and also not with the Windows Store app. I get a pink screen and only solution is power off with the hardware button.

Do you actually get a picture if you connect directly to your TV?

No, as soon I pass the login screen the pc becomes unresponsive and I get a completely pink screen. I reported this issue yesterday to Asrock support. Let's see what they say about this.
(2017-03-27, 01:06)baba420 Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 01:00)deaerator Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 23:13)baba420 Wrote: Netflix is not working on my Beebox-S 7200. Not with Edge browser and also not with the Windows Store app. I get a pink screen and only solution is power off with the hardware button.

Do you actually get a picture if you connect directly to your TV?

No, as soon I pass the login screen the pc becomes unresponsive and I get a completely pink screen. I reported this issue yesterday to Asrock support. Let's see what they say about this.

I don't even get that. I turn on the unit and picture is black. I do get a picture when I use Display Port. I bought a Display Port Adapter to HDMI, everything seems to work on that output but still no 4k netflix on TV. I do get a picture on HDMI 2. But not on HDMI 1.

I fired off a support ticket also for this issue, hopefully a solution will happen.
Anyone with Windows 10 + Kaby Lake + Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 gaming itx get the Windows Store Netflix App to work at 4k without needing to re-handshake via HDCP 2.2 every time you close and reopen app (gives a grey screen until I turn my TV on/off or PC on/off)?

I've been in HDCP 2.2 hell and I spent a bunch of money on this build in preparation to use Pioneers UHD 4k drive next month.

Good news is the HDMI 2.0a port on the board does work, just requires turning tv on/off whenever the app or stream uses PlayReady3.0 DRM it seems.

I noticed that my board also has a Thunderbolt 3 port (Type C), so I've tried a Club-3d USB3.1 Type C to HDMI 2.0 adapter, and this fixes HDCP 2.2 handshaking issues (since this uses Intel's implementation over Thunderbolt instead of the half baked Asrock megachip implementation)! However, the club-3d doesn't support the bandwidth of HDMI 2.0a, so no 4k@60Hz 4:4:4, and I have to have HDR for the 4k Pioneer drive I plan to order.

This Cyberlink UHD advisor tool is very helpful if anyone is trying to check HDR, HDCP 2.2 capability: http://update.cyberlink.com/OEM/Patch/Cy...123-01.exe

I love and use KODI too. Just don't know of another forum with this many Asrock HDMI 2.0 users, so sorry for thread crapping.

PS: have this Thunderbolt adapter coming that claims to support HDCP 2.2 AND HDMI 2.0a Smile https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DPY6AN8/
(2017-03-27, 01:42)etc6849 Wrote: I noticed that my board also has a Thunderbolt 3 port (Type C), so I've tried a Club-3d USB3.1 Type C to HDMI 2.0 adapter, and this fixes HDCP 2.2 handshaking issues (since this uses Intel's implementation over Thunderbolt instead of the half baked Asrock megachip implementation)! However, the club-3d doesn't support the bandwidth of HDMI 2.0a, so no 4k@60Hz 4:4:4, and I have to have HDR for the 4k Pioneer drive I plan to order.

Is this definitely HDCP 2.2 over Thunderbolt3/USB3.1/DP Type-C and not an older flavour? If the connection is limited to HDMI 1.4b and below formats, is it definitely not the older, first gen, HDCP that is being enforced?
(2017-03-27, 01:42)etc6849 Wrote: Anyone with Windows 10 + Kaby Lake + Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 gaming itx get the Windows Store Netflix App to work at 4k without needing to re-handshake via HDCP 2.2 every time you close and reopen app (gives a grey screen until I turn my TV on/off or PC on/off)?

I've been in HDCP 2.2 hell and I spent a bunch of money on this build in preparation to use Pioneers UHD 4k drive next month.

Good news is the HDMI 2.0a port on the board does work, just requires turning tv on/off whenever the app or stream uses PlayReady3.0 DRM it seems.

I noticed that my board also has a Thunderbolt 3 port (Type C), so I've tried a Club-3d USB3.1 Type C to HDMI 2.0 adapter, and this fixes HDCP 2.2 handshaking issues (since this uses Intel's implementation over Thunderbolt instead of the half baked Asrock megachip implementation)! However, the club-3d doesn't support the bandwidth of HDMI 2.0a, so no 4k@60Hz 4:4:4, and I have to have HDR for the 4k Pioneer drive I plan to order.

This Cyberlink UHD advisor tool is very helpful if anyone is trying to check HDR, HDCP 2.2 capability: http://update.cyberlink.com/OEM/Patch/Cy...123-01.exe

I love and use KODI too. Just don't know of another forum with this many Asrock HDMI 2.0 users, so sorry for thread crapping.

PS: have this Thunderbolt adapter coming that claims to support HDCP 2.2 AND HDMI 2.0a Smile https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DPY6AN8/

I ran the Cyberlink utility and discovered you need to ENABLE Software Guard Extensions in the Bios.

My Direct connection is now working.

NETFLIX UHD 4K is now showing up and playing.

No Audio in the Netflix App but have Audio through Edge Browser.
What is the chance that we can use the dual output of the Beebox-s. I was hoping to have a direct connection to video in HDMI 1 and use HDMI2 or DP for Audio to the Receiver.
I ran the CyberLink Ultra HD advisor on my AsRock, how do I get Advance Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) and HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display) PASS?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-03-27, 14:28)movie78 Wrote: Image
I ran the CyberLink Ultra HD advisor on my AsRock, how do I get Advance Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) and HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display) PASS?

Movie78 - where did you download that from? I can only see the BD and 3D adviser on the Cyberlink site (and it appears to be from 2014?)
(2017-03-27, 15:07)noggin Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 14:28)movie78 Wrote: I ran the CyberLink Ultra HD advisor on my AsRock, how do I get Advance Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) and HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display) PASS?

Movie78 - where did you download that from? I can only see the BD and 3D adviser on the Cyberlink site (and it appears to be from 2014?)

From this Link
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Wow - didn't know about the SGX limitation. Even if you use a GPU card that supports HDMI 2.0/HEVC 10 bit etc., if your CPU isn't Skylake (or Kabylake?) and your motherboard/BIOS doesn't support SGX then you're stuffed? (AIUI SGX allows memory to be protected so other processes can't read it - increasing security yet further?)
I "Googled" this and found in the BIOS it's called PAVP (Protected Audio Video Path). From documentation its either in the bios or not and if it's not there It is enabled to Lite by default.
For the life of me I can't get HDR shows to show up and audio still not working directly in the App.
See https://www.extremetech.com/computing/24...urn-speeds
Results when I connect to HDMI 2.0
Can't get the PAVP to PASS

3D display passed but it also indicates that 3D playback will not work.
(2017-03-27, 15:21)deaerator Wrote: I "Googled" this and found in the BIOS it's called PAVP (Protected Audio Video Path). From documentation its either in the bios or not and if it's not there It is enabled to Lite by default.
For the life of me I can't get HDR shows to show up and audio still not working directly in the App.
That's weird, for me audio works. Both in Edge and in the Windows App. I checked the resolution with ctrl+alt+shift+d and it's 4K.

@movie78, I'm in the same situation. Don't know how to get Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path passed.
Cyberlink has this for Ultra HD Blu-ray playback requirements:
Quote:Ultra HD Blu-ray playback requires Intel® 7th Generation Core™ i5/i7 processors (selected models: KabyLake-S & KabyLake-H), Intel® HD Graphics 630 chipsets, as well as HDR, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI2.0a compatible motherboards and displays, which are expected to ship in early 2017.
https://www.cyberlink.com/eng/press_room/view_4125.html

Beebox S-7200U has HD Graphics 620. Not sure whether that has anything to do with the APAVP test to fail.

@etc6849: Do you have a CPU with HD Graphics 630 on your ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming- ITX/AC board?

Unrelated: HDR still doesn't work in Kodi on Windows 10 Creators Update. My system was updated a few days ago. I only have a GTX 1060 card. May be it is different on a system with Intel HD Graphics. I actually can't find anything related to HDR or wide color gamut anywhere in Windows/nVIDIA settings.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3