• 44(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
I can't figure out 3D mode. Movies are triggering 3D but the settings aren't right. During movement it feels like someone's pulling my eyeballs out. I've tried switching eyes on the TV (I found where to do it on the tv) but that doesn't help. I can't find too many settings in PowerDVD. There is auto-detect, side-by-side and something else but the options are ghosted except for Auto-Detect.

The same exact movies display just fine on my Zidoo X9S.

Are any of you using Kaby Lake & 17.1 (non-MVC build) on an LG 65E6p?
(2017-05-13, 15:30)twinpeaks Wrote: I can't figure out 3D mode. Movies are triggering 3D but the settings aren't right. During movement it feels like someone's pulling my eyeballs out. I've tried switching eyes on the TV (I found where to do it on the tv) but that doesn't help. I can't find too many settings in PowerDVD. There is auto-detect, side-by-side and something else but the options are ghosted except for Auto-Detect.

And the reason you do not use the MVC build with your TV is?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-05-13, 18:33)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-05-13, 15:30)twinpeaks Wrote: I can't figure out 3D mode. Movies are triggering 3D but the settings aren't right. During movement it feels like someone's pulling my eyeballs out. I've tried switching eyes on the TV (I found where to do it on the tv) but that doesn't help. I can't find too many settings in PowerDVD. There is auto-detect, side-by-side and something else but the options are ghosted except for Auto-Detect.

And the reason you do not use the MVC build with your TV is?

Blu-ray menus; which is honestly the reason I bought this Beebox for PowerDVD when my X9S does pretty much everything. (well, Netflix HD too)
OK, didn't think on that, maybe because I rarely use the menu when playing a 3D BR ISO Wink
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Can I install MVC & vanilla 17.1 on the same OS/Device? Or would I need to dual-boot
What was the final world on whether any of the DP1.2 to HDMI2.0 adapters can do HDR? I have a i5-7600T and Gigabyte board with DP.
(2017-04-17, 21:16)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 20:11)stinuz Wrote: Hi,

I'm also one of the happy owners of a beebox-s kaby lake. I'm reading that some people have some HDR issues but I'm stuck at some audio issues regarding DTS-HD , DTS-X and TrueHD

It seems like my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR646) continously freaks out when I use Audio Passthrough in combination with one of the audio streams above. This happens only when I activate the feature Videos -> playback -> Adjust display refresh rate "always" or "on start /stop".

When I disable this feature The newest HD codecs are working just fine. So I'm sure it has something to do with this Kodi option. Since Kodi is performing some corrections for smoother playback it seems logical that my receiver could freak out about this I guess.

But Tthis raises some questions for me:

- DTS audio passthrough is working fine with the refresh rate setting enabled. I find it odd that only the HD lossless streams are not working.
- Why does other people don't need to use the refresh rate adjustment? Is this because of my television? Should a new television be an option? The one I use now supports Full HD at 60hz. Or do they just don't care that the video stutters sometimes.

Other options are
- Don't use audio passthrough, I will probably don't hear the difference so much with my 5.1 setup? I need to verify this myself
- Use Audio passthrough and disable the DTS-HD and TrueHD .
- Since DTS is working just fine maybe I can ask Kodi to look into this issue?

Best regards,
Stijn

nothing to do with Kodi, it's a Linux kernel/driver issue with any device with the same Megachips DP->HDMI converter chip. HD audio streams aren't passing thru properly, so we just have to wait until there's an upstream fix/patch. It's being worked on / tested daily, I can tell you that

I think some people will find this interesting:

this here is from an intel nuc blog:http://nucblog.net/2017/02/nuc7i3bnh-rev...nclusions/

.....If you are running HDMI firmware earlier than 1.66 you will have problems with the audio passthrough to an AV receiver that is HDMI 2.0 capable. After the update, which can be downloaded on the Intel Download Center, all audio formats should work fine......

Megachips DP->HDMI converter chip
MegaChips LSPCon

The official firmware update on the beebox support site is still v1.61. I'll try the new version out tonight and will give some feedback on the audio passthrough for trueHD and DTS HD
(2017-05-22, 10:41)stinuz Wrote: I think some people will find this interesting:

this here is from an intel nuc blog:http://nucblog.net/2017/02/nuc7i3bnh-rev...nclusions/

.....If you are running HDMI firmware earlier than 1.66 you will have problems with the audio passthrough to an AV receiver that is HDMI 2.0 capable. After the update, which can be downloaded on the Intel Download Center, all audio formats should work fine......

MegaChips LSPCon

The official firmware update on the beebox support site is still v1.61. I'll try the new version out tonight and will give some feedback on the audio passthrough for trueHD and DTS HD
The Intel update does indeed work on the Beebox, I've updated with the Intel update.

Sent from my HTC 10
Now I wish they'd fix the video. My 3D is especially wonky. During movement, movies that play fine on an Android device and on a previous HTPC on Windows 7 / WMC on the Beebox with PowerDVD 17 - during movement - feel like my eyeballs are being ripped out of their sockets. I've tried every setting on TV from swapping eyes to depth to viewpoint with really no change. This is on the 1.4 HDMI port.

Add to the bugs that prevent HDR from working on the 2.0 port, and I'm really left with an expensive, useless device that I hope will get some quick updates.
(2017-05-22, 10:46)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 10:41)stinuz Wrote: I think some people will find this interesting:

MegaChips LSPCon

The Intel update does indeed work on the Beebox, I've updated with the Intel update.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

Indeed, works like a charm :-)
I have an htpc on ivy bridge and I'm checking to upgrade to the NYC i3 with kabylake.
I read many page of this topic but not everything... it's seem to be a perfect solution.
I would like to use libreelec to watch my movie by nfs. I need pass through display 3D and 4K hdr in 10bits.
(2017-05-27, 20:58)JBLSteeve Wrote: I have an HTPC on ivy bridge and I'm checking to upgrade to the NYC i3 with kabylake.
I read many pages of this topic but not everything... it seems to be a perfect solution.
I would like to use libreElec to watch my movie by NFS. I need pass through display 3D and 4K hdr in 10bits.

3D MVC only works on Windows and 4K HDR is not working.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Thanks for your answer, I expect that libreelec will update...
(2017-05-30, 18:06)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-05-27, 20:58)JBLSteeve Wrote: I have an HTPC on ivy bridge and I'm checking to upgrade to the NYC i3 with kabylake.
I read many pages of this topic but not everything... it seems to be a perfect solution.
I would like to use libreElec to watch my movie by NFS. I need pass through display 3D and 4K hdr in 10bits.

But only if you are using an older TV/Projector which is not capable of HDMI2.0/HDCP2.2
(2017-05-30, 18:23)mule1 Wrote:
(2017-05-30, 18:06)movie78 Wrote:

But only if you are using an older TV/Projector which is not capable of HDMI2.0/HDCP2.2

Sorry, need to correct my statement, 3D MVC only works on AsRock Beebox kabyLake on HDMI 1.4 port with Windows 8/10 and @afechin Build.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3