• 50(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
Wow, lots going on with the latest NUCs...my current htpc is about ready to be retired and was really interested in the NUC7I3BNK for hdmi 2 and 4k etc, but the few audio and hdr issues seem quite prevalent...if I currently don't have any 4k content, but was looking at it in the future would this NUC and chipset still be a viable upgrade option?
(2017-07-04, 16:02)Temujin Wrote: Wow, lots going on with the latest NUCs...my current htpc is about ready to be retired and was really interested in the NUC7I3BNK for hdmi 2 and 4k etc, but the few audio and hdr issues seem quite prevalent...if I currently don't have any 4k content, but was looking at it in the future would this NUC and chipset still be a viable upgrade option?

I couldn't get regular 3D to work. I sent everything back. I'm far happier with either my $125 Zidoo 9S (I also have a $125 Himedia Q5 Pro downstairs) than the Kaby Lake overprice diarrhea that doesn't do 2008 technology yet.
I've played several HDR videos with my ZBox MI547 (I5-7200U) and PowerDVD 17 and HDR seems to work in full screen exclusive mode.
Unfortunately my TV doesn't switch into HDR mode, so I think HDR meta data isn't passed through to the TV.

@ fmedrano1977
you've posted several times that you’ve played HDR videos with your nuc successfully.
Does your TV switch into HDR mode automatically and if yes which TV exactly you use?
(2017-07-06, 13:46)dux80 Wrote: I've played several HDR videos with my ZBox MI547 (I5-7200U) and PowerDVD 17 and HDR seems to work in full screen exclusive mode.
Unfortunately my TV doesn't switch into HDR mode, so I think HDR meta data isn't passed through to the TV.

@ fmedrano1977
you've posted several times that you’ve played HDR videos with your nuc successfully.
Does your TV switch into HDR mode automatically and if yes which TV exactly you use?
It does switch automatically, and I'm using a 65" JS8500. While the Samsung TV doesn't notify of HDR, the picture settings adjust automatically as they do when streaming HDR content from Netflix or Amazon.

Sent from my HTC 10
I've spent some time reading through this post.

I'm on the fence about purchasing an Intel Nuc NUC7I5BNH matched with 32GB RAM and 120GB M2 SATA SSD for media consumption and light gaming and emulation.

I just want to confirm if my setup would be sufficient for the following:

- 4K MKV Playback
- DTS:X and DOLBY ATMOS passthrough
- Light Gaming
- Windows 10
- Amazon & Netflix 4K Streaming

Ideally - I need this with a single HDMI 2.0 cable and no really other fancy jazz. HDMI in and HDMI out supporting all this kind of stuff to a beautiful 4K TV playing all my content without any issue.

Thoughts?!
(2017-07-06, 14:25)vinz811 Wrote: I've spent some time reading through this post.

I'm on the fence about purchasing an Intel Nuc NUC7I5BNH matched with 32GB RAM and 120GB M2 SATA SSD for media consumption and light gaming and emulation.

- 4K MKV Playback YES No HDR
- DTS:X and DOLBY ATMOS passthrough YES tested on Windows
- Light Gaming Not tested
- Windows 10 Yes
- Amazon & Netflix 4K Streaming Not Tested

Ideally - I need this with a single HDMI 2.0 cable and no really other fancy jazz. HDMI in and HDMI out supporting all this kind of stuff to a beautiful 4K TV playing all my content without any issue.

Thoughts?!

Hope that helps
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-07-06, 14:54)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 14:25)vinz811 Wrote: I've spent some time reading through this post.

- Windows 10 Yes

Thoughts?!

Hope that helps
I can't get Atmos to work just DTS-X, using Kodi?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-07-06, 16:15)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I can't get Atmos to work just DTS-X, using Kodi?

Did you install the Dolby Access app?
(2017-07-06, 16:17)dogzipp Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 16:15)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I can't get Atmos to work just DTS-X, using Kodi?

Did you install the Dolby Access app?
I thought that was just an app with Atmos clips on it, it's required for Atmos to work?

Sent from my HTC 10
It configures your Atmos preferences.
(2017-07-06, 16:19)dogzipp Wrote: It configures your Atmos preferences.
I'll toy with it later today.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-07-06, 16:15)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 14:54)movie78 Wrote:

- Windows 10 Yes

Thoughts?!

Hope that helps

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

You have the AsRock Beebox, I am wondering why ATMOS is working, what AVR system are you using?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2017-07-06, 17:40)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 16:15)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 14:54)movie78 Wrote: Hope that helps

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

You have the AsRock Beebox, I am wondering why ATMOS is working, what AVR system are you using?
Denon X2300

Sent from my HTC 10
Strange, are connected straight to the HDMI?

Send a pic of your Kodi Audio settings, also does TRUEHD works?
(2017-07-06, 17:45)movie78 Wrote: Strange, are connected straight to the HDMI?

Send a pic of your Kodi Audio settings, also does TRUEHD works?
Yup everything connected via HDMI, trying to pass through Atmos results in TrueHD. Now I will get Atmos in PowerDVD, just as long as I don't select the pass through option in the audio settings. I'll screen shot my Kodi audio settings when I make it home later today.

Sent from my HTC 10
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3