• 56(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
Hello again, thanks for all the answers so far Smile it was stupid of me to not mention that this would be for a linux box, specifically libreelec with kodi, i am aware that windows have support for bitstreaming but the reason i went for openelec/libreelec in the first place was so i didnt have to fiddle with all the volume adjustments, vsync and other assorted crap that windows bring, i currently have a chromebox running libreelec with kodi, but the hdmi is beginning to be worn out so i was thinking about getting a new machine, also wanted more oomph since this is a media/emulator box only. Wanted kaby lake for the 4k support just to be safe in the future if i eventually upgrade to 4k tv, and also to bring a little justice to spending this much money on a movieplayer with emulator support.
(2017-08-19, 18:11)Edvin512 Wrote: Hello again, thanks for all the answers so far Smile it was stupid of me to not mention that this would be for a linux box, specifically libreelec with kodi, i am aware that windows have support for bitstreaming but the reason i went for openelec/libreelec in the first place was so i didnt have to fiddle with all the volume adjustments, vsync and other assorted crap that windows bring, i currently have a chromebox running libreelec with kodi, but the hdmi is beginning to be worn out so i was thinking about getting a new machine, also wanted more oomph since this is a media/emulator box only. Wanted kaby lake for the 4k support just to be safe in the future if i eventually upgrade to 4k tv, and also to bring a little justice to spending this much money on a movieplayer with emulator support.
In that case, one can ignore everything I typed on the last pages. I'm a Windows boy, so be it Wink
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-08-19, 18:11)Edvin512 Wrote: but the hdmi is beginning to be worn out
how exactly does one wear out the HDMI?

Quote:Wanted kaby lake for the 4k support just to be safe in the future if i eventually upgrade to 4k tv, and also to bring a little justice to spending this much money on a movieplayer with emulator support.

I have a KBL NUC here and my Chromebox is superior in every way outside of 4K/HEVC. The current NUCs are just terrible and I can't recommend against them strongly enough. Between the LSPCON issues, general firmware issues, slow boot, etc, I would just wait for CoffeeLake and someone other than Intel to offer a SFF device.
(2017-08-19, 15:21)noggin Wrote: Not sure how many people use 'Sync Playback to Display' - compared to 'Adjust Refresh Rate' (which preserves bitstreaming)

I have always used both, i prefer picture sync over audio.

(I hanged on with XBMC Eden until last year, Eden allowed DTS and DD passthrough even with those enabled. I just enabled both as before with Kodi, haven't even tested without "Sync Playback to Display".)
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...dows-15-46-

Intel 22.20.16.4771 driver for Kaby Lake-R & Kaby Lake.
(2017-08-27, 12:14)HDGMA Wrote: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...dows-15-46-

"Enabled Dynamic OLED" << you say what?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-08-27, 20:00)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 12:14)HDGMA Wrote: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...dows-15-46-

which means?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-08-27, 20:09)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-08-27, 20:00)p750mmx Wrote:

which means?

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)
That's indeed the question, maybe it is turning every LCD TV into a OLED Tongue

Seriously, one could think it has something to do with enabling HDR with the latest drivers, which is still lacking within the settings with the previous drivers. No time to look if it will.
Is there a mini pc like Gigabyte Brix or Asrock Beebox that the HDMI 2.0 they have can pass through DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD on LibreELEC Huh
(2017-08-30, 10:40)guandms Wrote: Is there a mini pc like Gigabyte Brix or Asrock Beebox that the HDMI 2.0 they have can pass through DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD on LibreELEC Huh
I don't think lossless audio is supported by LibreELEC on KabyLake mini PCs, one must run Kodi on Windows for lossless audio.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-08-30, 11:08)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 10:40)guandms Wrote: Is there a mini pc like Gigabyte Brix or Asrock Beebox that the HDMI 2.0 they have can pass through DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD on LibreELEC Huh
I don't think lossless audio is supported by LibreELEC on KabyLake mini PCs, one must run Kodi on Windows for lossless audio.

Hi, it is supported!
I'm using my NUC7I3BNK either with Libreelec 8.1.0beta or Kodi 17.4@windows (some sort of dualboot) and in both environments I'm able to pass through DTS-HD (mostly I'm using DTS:X) and Dolby-ATMOS/TrueHD to my AV-Receiver.
Working wonderfully Smile.

In genereal, since 17.4 and Libreelec 8.1.0beta I am very happy with my NUC7I3BNK, but I am deperately missing HDR capabilities ....

greetz,
count
Thanks count.zero i will try to install the beta version and will update later on, is there any way to play HDR at all via Kodi Huh
(2017-08-30, 12:47)guandms Wrote: is there any way to play HDR at all via Kodi Huh

On windows there are some reports about using external Players which seem to work (I don't do that Cool ).
On Libreelec or Kodi@Ubuntu: not to my knowledge Sad
BUMMER !!!
So we probably need to wait for Kodi 18.0 Leia for something like that....
(2017-08-30, 12:41)count.zero Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 11:08)fmedrano1977 Wrote:

Hi, it is supported!
I'm using my NUC7I3BNK either with Libreelec 8.1.0beta or Kodi 17.4@windows (some sort of dualboot) and in both environments I'm able to pass through DTS-HD (mostly I'm using DTS:X) and Dolby-ATMOS/TrueHD to my AV-Receiver.
Working wonderfully Smile.

In genereal, since 17.4 and Libreelec 8.1.0beta I am very happy with my NUC7I3BNK, but I am deperately missing HDR capabilities ....

greetz,
count

Count - sorry, but are you sure about dts-hd and dolby true-hd passtrough are working on LibreElec 8.1.0? Cause on my Nuc Kaby Lake and Milhouse latest beta of Leia are not and i dont read any news about passtrough problem on Kaby Lake and Linux is solved. Thank you for sharing more info :-)

Sent from my iPhone
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3