• 66(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
Hello

Why does not the libreelec have a resolution of 3840x20160 / 50Hz?
It works for me 3840x20160 / 60Hz but live tv is jamming.
If I set: Adjust display refresh rate / on start / stop I have a ucienty image.
I have the latest version of LE 8.2.1

https://zapodaj.net/6d4b75cc77cc7.jpg.html
This is my kodi.log
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26021435/
(2017-11-18, 00:04)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 21:17)fmedrano1977 Wrote: HDR working just fine for me on the Beebox and NUC with latest Creators Update and recently released HDR enabling GPU driver. Only downside, it's not dynamic, you must turn on and off in display settings. 4K 1:1 rips play just fine with native tv/movies app.

Sent from my HTC 10

Which native App ?

I believe Windiws Kodi does not have HDR support, is this correct ?

And from all accounts PowerDVD is buggy, is this also correct ?

More details need to be posted because everyone reading is very confused at the moment reading this thread about HDR Kaby Lake support. 

Maybe I can help here. Fact is, that HDR is supported by Windows 10 since Fall-Creators update but it only can be activated for the whole OS, not dynamically as needed. So if you switch it on, anything is displayed in HDR. You can then start and HDR-Movie within Kodi and it will be displayed properly and looks really nice. So the solution would be, if Kodi would flip the HDR-switch in Windows when needed... when HDR-content is being played.

You can really say, that the Windows-HDR-implementation is bullshit. No-one needs an always-on-HDR on OS-level
Can someone ELI5 why its a bad thing that HDR is turned on all the time in Windows please?
Does it affect the picture if non HDR content is being played?

Sorry for what may be quite ignorant questions but I wasn't planning on having a 4K HDR TV yet but the one I was saving up for was such a good price in this weeks deals I had to buy it and its arriving tomorrow, subsequently I haven't looked into all the pros and cons of HDR be it always on, always off or dynamically switched.
(2017-11-29, 20:10)stammie Wrote: Can someone ELI5 why its a bad thing that HDR is turned on all the time in Windows please?
Does it affect the picture if non HDR content is being played?

Sorry for what may be quite ignorant questions but I wasn't planning on having a 4K HDR TV yet but the one I was saving up for was such a good price in this weeks deals I had to buy it and its arriving tomorrow, subsequently I haven't looked into all the pros and cons of HDR be it always on, always off or dynamically switched.
Activating HDR while displaying non-HDR-content results in washed out colors and really bad contrast... nothing you would want to watch for a longer period of time
Hello everybody
I have learned from the manufacturer of my ZBOX CI547 NANO box you use another controller such as the intel nuc box.
HDMI 2.0 interface controller: Parade Technologies (PS175)

and supposedly that the passthrough HD audio should not be a problem.
Is that true or do they just want to put me off?
ODROID-N2 4 GB RAM CE​​ 19.2 Kodi 19
(2017-11-30, 11:09)YinYang Wrote: Hello everybody
I have learned from the manufacturer of my ZBOX CI547 NANO box you use another controller such as the intel nuc box.
HDMI 2.0 interface controller: Parade Technologies (PS175)

and supposedly that the passthrough HD audio should not be a problem.
Is that true or do they just want to put me off?
 Lol - as both needs drivers and the "Parade Technologies" part no one does know - they are most likely wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...dows-15-60-
Quote:Enhanced performance in HEVC/H.265 video playback on Intel® 7th Gen Core processors or higher

Intel 23.20.16.4901 driver.
(2017-12-02, 16:44)fritsch Wrote:  Lol - as both needs drivers and the "Parade Technologies" part no one does know - they are most likely wrong.
https://www.paradetech.com/products/ps175/

Such chip does exists at least.
Updated to latest Intel drivers and latest PowerDVD patch on two KL boxes, now watching 4K rips using PowerDVD works flawlessly. Prior I would get auto HDR switching but no audio when HDR was enabled.
(2017-12-15, 14:53)fmedrano1977 Wrote: Updated to latest Intel drivers and latest PowerDVD patch on two KL boxes, now watching 4K rips using PowerDVD works flawlessly. Prior I would get auto HDR switching but no audio when HDR was enabled.

Similar configuration and software versions.
Now no sound is lost (including Atmos).
But my TV (ASRock Beebox-S 7200U (BIOS ver.: 1.60) -> Yamaha RX-A2060 (f/w ver.: 1.32) -> 65" Samsung KS8000 (f/w ver.: 1201)) does not determine the signal as HDR.

HDR_Intel_Graphics_TechWhitePaper:
http://pixs.ru/showimage/IntelHDRjp_3937...683917.jpg
I have the BeeBox 7100u (same bios) --> Denon x2300 (latest update) --> Samsung UN65JS8500 (latest firmware) and working great on my end.

Although I never see Atmos displayed, not sure if receiver needs to be set up as such to have it displayed, DTS-X does display for me.
(2017-12-16, 17:24)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I have the BeeBox 7100u (same bios) --> Denon x2300 (latest update) --> Samsung UN65JS8500 (latest firmware) and working great on my end.

Although I never see Atmos displayed, not sure if receiver needs to be set up as such to have it displayed, DTS-X does display for me.
Configuration: satellite receiver Vu+ Solo 4k -> Yamaha RX-A2060 -> 65" Samsung KS8000 works great (both for satellite signal and for the file that the satellite receiver is playing from local HDD) - TV displays HDR banner.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X works great (Kodi 17.6 , PowerDVD 17).
(2017-12-15, 14:53)fmedrano1977 Wrote: Updated to latest Intel drivers and latest PowerDVD patch on two KL boxes, now watching 4K rips using PowerDVD works flawlessly. Prior I would get auto HDR switching but no audio when HDR was enabled.
 does powerdvd auto switch to 24p for you with 4k?
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12171/a-b...y-and-more

Good article for Kaby Lake users to read, see what Anandtech's reviewer had to go through with trying to do HDR playback, still a work in progress.
I have a HTPC build with AsRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac connected to Marantz 8802. I was trying to see if 4K HDR works in my set up with PowerDVD 17 so I enabled SGW in BIOS and downloaded ASROCK HDCP 2.2 toolkit. Once I run the toolkit, I am losing bitstreaming of lossless audio, which immediately restores after downloading HDMI Firmware upgrader ver:1.66 (listed on AsRock site as well). I don't know if any other users with the same motherboard experienced the same bitstreaming issue. 

P
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3