• 70(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
Why imcan not set up my i7 nuc 7gen on HDR? Have latest drivers installed, windows 10 is updated, but still can not set it up.
Did you enable HDR in Windows 10 settings?
I can not do it. It is button there, but doesnt happend anything.
(2018-04-23, 20:10)dr.sah Wrote: I can not do it. It is button there, but doesnt happend anything.
 HDR SETTINGS

https://youtu.be/KCXyfHl8-kY?t=3m15s
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Bought new 2.0 hdmi cable, and it was one settings in intel vga card. But with hdr on, colors are washed on oled tv.
(2018-04-10, 19:50)faizy Wrote: Hello,

recently got the nuc7i3bnh and was able to setup HD audio passthrough and HDR (through powerDVD) on this PC. My question is that is there any way to play HDR content on this NUC, other than using PowerDVD as an external player? Has anyone been able to setup HDR passthrough on this NUC on MPC-HC or Kodi's internal player? Help would be appreciated. thanks!
MPCHC+MadVR and DSPlayer+MadVR has HDR support.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680
Quote:This new driver brings significant quality and power saving improvements while displaying Enhanced Dynamic Range (EDR) content and provides better brightness in High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode for 7th Generation processors or higher.

Intel released new 24.20.100.6025 driver.
Been more and more considering just settling for an Nvidia Shield Sad
I've moved to a Minix box and all my problems were solved!
(2018-05-04, 16:38)Dan-HTPC Wrote: Been more and more considering just settling for an Nvidia Shield Sad
 If you don't need 3D then your best choice is the MINIX U9 and Nvidia SHIELD 2017.
Simple and easy.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Yeah I have zero desire for 3D.  I just worry about the Android TV experience and how closed off it may be.  I've also heard complaints that there are a lot of "ads/suggested apps" that are permanently on your home screen.  I wonder how my experience will be without the powerful adblock that is on x86 browsers like Firefox (my preferred) and Chrome.  One nice thing about the 3rd party Youtube apps on W10 is that they never play ads ever...EVER.  Using the YouTube app on my Android phone takes a lot to get used to, and all the ads in front of just about every video are a huge turnoff for me.
(2018-05-04, 19:17)Dan-HTPC Wrote: Yeah I have zero desire for 3D.  I just worry about the Android TV experience and how closed off it may be.  I've also heard complaints that there are a lot of "ads/suggested apps" that are permanently on your home screen.  I wonder how my experience will be without the powerful adblock that is on x86 browsers like Firefox (my preferred) and Chrome.  One nice thing about the 3rd party Youtube apps on W10 is that they never play ads ever...EVER.  Using the YouTube app on my Android phone takes a lot to get used to, and all the ads in front of just about every video are a huge turnoff for me.
 Are you trying use Kodi or what, why are you worried about ADs and other APPs No

I am confused Confused
Sorry, I forgot this is a Kodi forum first and foremost.  I use Kodi, but also other streaming apps and web browsers on my home theater setup.  Hehe whooops...
Guys,
I can't figure out what I need to do to get my NUC7i3BNH to passthrough DTS-HD MA and TrueHD/ATMOS using LibreElec. (I don't have any DTS-HRA)
I've tried the latest Official Release (8.2.5) and I've tried a few different Milhouse 9.0 releases, including the latest (#0505). I've read through some of this thread, but I'm trying to avoid reading all 70 pages. 

Are there any LibreElec releases that will allow the NUC7i3 to passthrough/bitstream the lossless audio tracks? I am not seeking 4K, 3D, or HDR playback. I don't have any HDMI2.0 displays. I mostly only playback 1080p bluray rips (or lower resolution) from my collection and I wanted more powerful hardware to handle H265 encoded material that I've started using. I don't use "sync display", but I like to use "Adjust display refresh rate" on Start/Stop. I've had this working before on lesser hardware (Haswell Chromebox and AMD G-T48E based thin client) so I know how the settings should be set.
EDIT: I am using a Yamaha A3010 receiver (NOT HDMI 2.0), not sure if that matters.

If the only way to do it is through Windows Kodi, I will do that, but I'd prefer to keep it with LibreElec only for speed/reliability.
(2018-05-06, 21:34)billbillw Wrote: I can't figure out what I need to do to get my NUC7i3BNH to passthrough DTS-HD MA and TrueHD/ATMOS using LibreElec.

What HDMI firmware version do you have? Upgrade program is Windows only.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3