How to disable permanent sync of timers with backend?
Hello Smile

im new in this board, and just started to configure my Raspberry Pi with OSMC. Now I have the following problem. Maybe you can help me out? Smile

My DVBViewer-Backend (Windows 2012 R2 Server) is in standby most of the time, and only wake up by Wake On Lan (WOL) pattern match. If any device contacts the system (ARP request etc.), it will wake up.
It works great, but not with DVBViewer PVR-Client.

The PVR-client is permanently contacting the backend every 30 seconds (analyzed with Wireshark) to receive the current timer and recording lists. This means that the backend will wake up all the time.

Is there any way to disable/increase the interval of this permament sync (maybe in the code, special config file etc.?

Kind regards,
Tepco
There's no configuration setting for that and this wouldn't make much sense. However of course you can increase or disable the syncing interval in the code.

But I wonder if it wouldn't make much more sense to *not* wake up your RS box on every ARP request and instead let the PVR send a WOL paket for livetv and recording edits.
Hello manül,

yes, of course this would be easier, but then all other clients in my network would need to send WOL-pakets to active the server. This way, i can access the shared folders etc. by just entering the hostname/ip. Otherwise I would need extra tools just to wake up the server.

In this case, its easier to disable the PVR client and just activate it when needed (not very often). But it would be better to have a permanent setting. Standby of mediacenter would be also an option, but Raspberry Pi do not support standby.

Can you help me out which lines I would have to edit? Did not find it after some research.

Thanks for your support! Smile
(2016-10-19, 18:42)Tepco Wrote: Can you help me out which lines I would have to edit? Did not find it after some research.

Make sure this condition is always false: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvbviewe...a.cpp#L627

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to disable permanent sync of timers with backend?0