• 40(current)
Mod Mod AEON MQ7 Krypton
(2017-05-31, 00:39)Ruk12345 Wrote: It dumps the backup in the skin backup addon folder.

Thank you.
But how do I navigate to the skin backup when I use the restore menu "Import Skin Settings"? Its not possible to scan the Addon folder...there's no path to it.
I also tried to find the backup file with file explorer, but cannot locate it.
(2017-05-31, 03:20)senzalice Wrote:
(2017-05-31, 00:39)Ruk12345 Wrote: It dumps the backup in the skin backup addon folder.

Thank you.
But how do I navigate to the skin backup when I use the restore menu "Import Skin Settings"? Its not possible to scan the Addon folder...there's no path to it.
I also tried to find the backup file with file explorer, but cannot locate it.

I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...rotv&hl=en ftp app and then ftp in from my computer.

I think there is a optionin Kodi to "show hidden files" or somthing like that needs to google it. After that's on you can use esculent explorer.

Ftp so so much easier!

If your not on android just google "ftp access (your platform) Kodi"

It's built in on libreelec and other builds I believe.

You may be able to set path for the backup in the setting of the skinbsckupservice I dont rember
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-05-31, 03:32)Ruk12345 Wrote: I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...rotv&hl=en ftp app and then ftp in from my computer.

I think there is a optionin Kodi to "show hidden files" or somthing like that needs to google it. After that's on you can use esculent explorer.

Ftp so so much easier!

If your not on android just google "ftp access (your platform) Kodi"

It's built in on libreelec and other builds I believe.

You may be able to set path for the backup in the setting of the skinbsckupservice I dont rember

@ Ruk12345, sorry, I think I'm a bit lost by all that.

I just want to back up the skin settings as per menu below.
Later, when required, I would like to restore using the "Import skin settings" menu
I've had Kodi 16.1 and now 17.3 freeze on me now and then and I've had to switch of and reboot.
However, everytime this happens, I lose some skin settings like colours, fonts etc...and I have to reset them again.

The Export skin settings appears to work because I get the confirmation of the backup (see image)
But there is NO backup file to be found when I use restore (Import skin settings)

Appreciate anyone who can try this out and see if it works. (If it works, what is the backup file called?)
Maybe the "Import skin settings" menu is NOT working properly?
The settings are saved in userdata/addon_data/script.skin.helper.skinbackup/Aeonmq7.krypton.mod Skinbackup (YYYY-MM-DD HH.MM.SS).zip

Where your userdata folder is, depends on what platform you are using. See http://kodi.wiki/view/userdata

Then google how to access Kodi userdata on your platform.

I have a Raspberry PI, and use WinSCP to access it from my computer.
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
@ Esky, thanks for the information.
I'm using LibreElec (Kodi 17.3) on a Minix X8H-Plus.
I've also found out that I can do the backups with "Skin Helper Service Skin backup"
I can see all the backup files it creates...and can choose anyone to Restore (but cannot delete unwanted older ones).
It allows you to change location for the backup files, but would've been nice to include a path to USB or SD card.

I'm not familiar with WinSCP, but was able to see LibreElec on my PC network. Big Grin
Easily found the skinbackups and I can copy & paste to my hard drive for safekeeping and also delete unwanted ones.
Would've been nice if all this could be done from the "Restore Settings" menu (shown in my previous post)
(2017-06-01, 00:22)senzalice Wrote: @ Esky, thanks for the information.
I'm using LibreElec (Kodi 17.3) on a Minix X8H-Plus.
I've also found out that I can do the backups with "Skin Helper Service Skin backup"
I can see all the backup files it creates...and can choose anyone to Restore (but cannot delete unwanted older ones).
It allows you to change location for the backup files, but would've been nice to include a path to USB or SD card.

I'm not familiar with WinSCP, but was able to see LibreElec on my PC network. Big Grin
Easily found the skinbackups and I can copy & paste to my hard drive for safekeeping and also delete unwanted ones.
Would've been nice if all this could be done from the "Restore Settings" menu (shown in my previous post)

hi,i using minix X8h plus like you and kody 17.3 is not support on this device...
(2017-06-01, 09:14)daniko Wrote: hi,i using minix X8h plus like you and kody 17.3 is not support on this device...

@ daniko, that is correct !!

But I'm using LibreElec, which is basically Kodi Krypton 17 designed to run with KitKat 4.4.2 (which the Minix X8H-Plus has)

There's plenty of discussion on the Minix forum if you're interested.
The more recent stuff starts at page 80... http://www.minixforum.com/threads/openel...42/page-80
thanks....
Awesome skin, thanks and great job Smile

A question - when pressing "menu" during movie playback, the whole screen goes black and the movie plays in the background, is there an option to change it or it's some bug?
(2017-06-02, 00:52)pear25 Wrote: Awesome skin, thanks and great job Smile

A question - when pressing "menu" during movie playback, the whole screen goes black and the movie plays in the background, is there an option to change it or it's some bug?

If I remember correctly there is an option in the Kodi settings menu to play video in background on/off
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
(2017-06-02, 01:23)Ruk12345 Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 00:52)pear25 Wrote: Awesome skin, thanks and great job Smile

If I remember correctly there is an option in the Kodi settings menu to play video in background on/off

Thanks, but that wasn't it, this option allows to play video in the background when pressing "back" during watching, what I'm having issues with is that the screen goes black when pressing "C" (contextual menu) during the playback.

Anyone's having similar issue ?
I use 3D Shelf View... I saw a video someone was in Shelf view and the spinning disc dropped down spinning and case flipped then disc rolled across screen... How do i acheive this!!!!!
@oboytrakzz

Switch to List 3D view...I believe that is the view you're looking for.
@ latts9923

Ok Thanks!!!!!
@latt9923

On List 3D View, there is no spinning disc at all
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mod AEON MQ7 Krypton9