• 2(current)
Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
I'm splitting an MKV that is about 25gb. Progress is less than 1% per minute. So, it looks like it's going to take nearly 2 hours. Is this the expected length of time? I'm on a relatively new SurfaceBook i5 laptop, so I don't think this is the problem. Could it be because I'm splitting a file that is stored on a NAS?

Thoughts?
I'm sure the split will be much faster on your local drive (probably an SSD drive) than over a network.

Is your network wifi or Ethernet?

On my i7 desktop using an SSD drive splitting will take about 2 or 3 minutes (not measured it but it feels like about that time - certainly not 2 hrs)
elee532, maybe I can add a 'batch split' option so you can select multiple MKVs and split all at once (so you can run unattended).

Currently the split puts the new chapter files in the same folder as the original MKV. I could add a new preference where you could set a 'working folder' (local fastest drive) with a sub option to copy the original to the Working folder prior to split. So in your case with a NAS you could set the preferences to the fastest for your specific setup after trial.

Since all my concerts are already split into chapters I only do new releases now but for those of you with a large collection and splitting for the first time then a 'batch split' would make the relatively time consuming process less painful as it could be run overnight etc.

Thoughts?
(2016-11-17, 06:21)HomerJau Wrote: I'm sure the split will be much faster on your local drive (probably an SSD drive) than over a network.

Is your network wifi or Ethernet?

I've tried over both gigabit Ethernet and over WiFi. It was a little faster over Ethernet, but still close to an hour to split one 25gb file.

When I have some time this weekend, I'll try copying the file to a local drive, splitting it, and copying back to the NAS.
I've just finished the new 'batch split' tool I mentioned in my last post.

That has a preference option to set a temp folder (local drive) and sub options to either copy the source prior to Split or just Split into temp. Both options move the Chapter files to original Source folder on completion of each Source file split.

It runs on all your selected Source files (Split all at once) and shows elapsed time on completion. You can load a file at a time or select a parent folder and the tool will recursively find all MKVs in sub-folders. It will ignore MKVs without chapters or only a single chapter (shows those files but ignores Splitting them)

On a test I did yesterday I split 3 concerts (3 MKV files with chapters) total size approx 37GB creating about 40 chapter files in approx 5.5 minutes (all files on local drives). I will provide more info here after more testing using different preference options, but I suspect fastest option will depend on your system (local drives, network speed and NAS speed)

EDIT: I've uploaded the new Beta 11 with the new 'Batch Split MKV' tool - also updated the docs (download from same link I sent)
Photo 
I've added new tool to Split MKV into chapters and convert to FLAC (including lossless conversion of DTS-HDMA and TrueHD at 24/96 or higher and multi-channel). Ideal for Blu-ray Audio releases. Also converts DTS 96/24 from MKVs created from DVDs)

The new tool also searches MusicBrainz and can rename and tag the extracted FLAC files based on album data found. Otherwise a user can manually enter the tag data including copy and paste an entire track list at once.

FLAC files will be tagged with the cover art if a file 'folder.jpg' is located in the source MKV folder.

Hi HomerJau
could i also have a copy of your beta program ?
im trying to organise my music collection of mainly mp3's
cheers
(2017-02-12, 14:32)Steve_uk Wrote: Hi HomerJau
cheers

PM sent Steve
(2017-02-12, 22:55)HomerJau Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 14:32)Steve_uk Wrote: Hi HomerJau
cheers

PM sent Steve
Thanks for that,
I'll have a blast on that tonight.
I've noticed there's not many programs out there for scraping your own musuc fan art , and the ones I've tried didn't do a great job.
With me using Kodi on my Sony Android tv I don't want to clog up the internal storage with artwork and I've tried path substitutions in the last but there's a delay in loading then.
Cheers
EDIT:
Installed and had a go tonight ,
My mistake i thought it also did scraping of music mp3 files for fanart but its just concerts at the moment isn't it.
Thanks though
Hi Steve. It doesn't scrape audio files. It's a collection of music media file tools I've written/used over the last couple of years or so that I thought other users might find useful.
Musicbrainz picard is the best audio tagging and scraping app really. Assuming you embed the mbid's it will then work perfectly with online downloaders such as the cdart downloader and universal artist scraper.

Another option is MediaElch for music, but it wasnt the best when I tried.
(2017-02-14, 11:05)docwra Wrote: Musicbrainz picard is the best audio tagging and scraping app really. Assuming you embed the mbid's it will then work perfectly with online downloaders such as the cdart downloader and universal artist scraper.

Another option is MediaElch for music, but it wasnt the best when I tried.

Cheers yeah I've tagged them all now with musicbrainz but that only gets the front cover I was wanting the whole set for each album including the background fanart etc
I've not heard of them 2 before so will try them , i normally just let Kodi do it do not up to speed.
Cheers
Could I BETA test the app?
(2017-04-03, 15:34)Davey Wrote: Could I BETA test the app?

PM sent
Could I get the BETA app as well?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2