• 4(current)
Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
While I understand why users may want a concert in one lump, I need to point out the disadvantage of using single FLAC files and cue sheets over individual FLAC files. The metadata in cue sheets, as defined by the standards, is very limited compared to what can be included in FLAC. This makes the resulting music library much less rich.

I would encourage users to generally take the modern approach of having songs in individual and fully tagged FLAC files unless they have a good reason not to, and understand the consequneces. For those with single FLAC files already, this tool can be used to split them.

Thanks Gary Smile
(2017-12-10, 09:53)DaveBlake Wrote: While I understand why users may want a concert in one lump, I need to point out the disadvantage of using single FLAC files and cue sheets over individual FLAC files. The metadata in cue sheets, as defined by the standards, is very limited compared to what can be included in FLAC. This makes the resulting music library much less rich.

I would encourage users to generally take the modern approach of having songs in individual and fully tagged FLAC files unless they have a good reason not to, and understand the consequneces. For those with single FLAC files already, this tool can be used to split them.

Thanks Gary Smile

Fully agree with you Dave. I never use a CUE for Kodi. Always fully tagged FLAC for audio.

The new tool is primarily to fix some recent BDA releases (e.g INXS - Kick) that have incorrect chapter marking on disc.. When those get converted to FLAC files based on the chapter timings some individual songs (FLAC files) get cut-off at the beginning. This tool allows me to edit the start times and re-create the new (corrected) FLACs.

I could have done this in my app UI only, but thought some may want to create a CUE for manual edit the CUE or split the merged FLAC with other software. For example, Foobar2000 where you can play all tracks from the CUE, adjust times (manual edit the CUE), listen, readjust, (Edit CUE) then split to individual FLACs again.

BTW: Thanks for all your recent work on Kodi music! Awesome stuff!
A new update just posted:

Added: The previous 'Rename Media Files' tool changed to 'Rename/Tag Media Files. New functionality enable users to get album/track tags from the MusicBrainz online database and tag selected files. This tool attempts to get tags from existing files on loading otherwise it will attempt to create tags based on folder names and file names. Then the MusicBrainz search can be used to update tags and you can rename files based on song titles etc.

If your source media file folder has album art (either 'folder.jpg' or 'cover.jpg') the files are auto tagged with the album art.

Changed: The 'Split MKV to FLAC' tool has updated logic to get album/track tags from the MusicBrainz online database (when there is more than one artist with same name.) Previously if search found more than one matching artist name it ignored all but the first artist. (e.g 'Rush' returns several artists - if more than one found MMH now asks you to select from the list of artists, then searches for the album name for that artist).

Changed: The 'Split MKV to FLAC' tool now shows a list of Audio Streams with codec and channel info to choose for conversion to FLAC.

In previous versions, if there was more than one audio stream in the MKV file MMH auto-selected the 'best' audio stream. This old method was unreliable as it didn't choose PCM over DTS (even if the DTS stream contained only lossy DTS 'core' - so this only occurred if no DTS-HDMA audio stream) and also didn't allow a user to choose a 'stereo' stream over multi-channel. Now its users choice.

Other changes: Now using latest versions of MediaInfo, MKVMerge & ffmpeg (3rd party utilities used by Music Media Helper)
Improved speed of FLAC Merge tool/CUE creation added in a previous release
A few bug fixes and other minor improvements (including M3U PlayList Editor)
Hei. 

I have this error when i try to "Scrape a Concert Folder" 

Error : Could not load file or assembly "TMDblib, Version = 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey = null or one its dependecies. A stongley names assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131044)

Best Regards
Kjell Kauppi
(2018-01-01, 19:24)kjellkauppi Wrote: Hei. 

Error : Could not load file or assembly "TMDblib, Version = 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey = null or one its dependecies. A stongley names assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131044)

Best Regards
Kjell Kauppi
Thanks for reporting the issue with the latest update Kjell. It is now fixed and uploaded!

Please use your previous URL to download the zip. Just copy the new files in the zip over your old MMH files.
(2018-01-01, 21:06)HomerJau Wrote:
(2018-01-01, 19:24)kjellkauppi Wrote: Hei. 

Best Regards
Kjell Kauppi
Thanks for reporting the issue with the latest update Kjell. It is now fixed and uploaded!

Please use your previous URL to download the zip. Just copy the new files in the zip over your old MMH files.  
 Works now :- )  Thanks
Version 3.3 published today:

Changes:
  • Now Installs with Microsoft 'click once' installer - This also creates a 'Music Media Helper' short-cut on desktop & in your Start menu
  • Added 'Check for Updates' - Automatically checks if there is a newer version and will update MMH files from the app (no more downloading a zip file etc)
  • Updated Documentation and a screen shots
  • Bug fixes/minor UI changes

New Docs (with new Install instructions and URL/link to installer):
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/M...tation.pdf

BTW: I've removed links to previous docs and old zip file (with application files) from other posts on this thread

THX
Garry
Hi.

I have this error when i try to "Scrape a Concert Folder"   Same as last almost.

Error : Could not load file or assembly "TMDblib, Version = 1.0.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey = null or one its dependecies. A stongley names assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80131044)

Best Regards
Kjell Kauppi
(2018-01-07, 00:44)kjellkauppi Wrote: Hi.

I have this error when i try to "Scrape a Concert Folder"   Same as last almost.

Best Regards
Kjell Kauppi
Hi Kjell,

I'll get a fix later today and post when fix is uploaded.
Update is ready: (apologies for the issue - I've been mucking around with some .NET security/code certificates and didn't realize I broke the scraper...)

If you installed MMH with the new click-once installer then just click the 'Check For Updates' on toolbar to update

I've had a reports that Norton antivirus doesn't like the new installer as the files aren't branded with a Code Certificate. I'll fix that next week.

In the mean time you can also use the 'old' zip file to grab a new version or update:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XFKpYvj...sp=sharing

NOTE: If you use the zip files the 'Check For Updates' won't function as its not installed with click-once functionality.
A new version posted today:

Changes:
Added clickonce installer (adds MMH to the Windows start menu, creates a desktop short cut, includes auto check for updates. Uninstall from Add/Remove programs)
The new clickonce installer package is now digitally signed (should help solve installation with some antivirus software)
Fixed missing component in initial clickonce package release
Bug fixes
Updated docs

New Features:
Add new Batch Audio Tools with following:
- Report existing and/or add ReplayGain to FLAC files using ITU-R BS.1770 (recursively on all album folders):

- Check for embedded album cover art and/or automatic update from folder.jpg or cover.jpg file (in the album's folder) - recursive on all album folders (flac only)

Install/Download links in first post

Please let me know if you find any issues.
i got this to make NFO files for my music videos cause kodi isnt getting info for them for me, anyway how do i get it to create those files and where are they stored at
i love kodi
(2018-04-14, 16:42)o0nightfire0o Wrote: i got this to make NFO files for my music videos cause kodi isnt getting info for them for me, anyway how do i get it to create those files and where are they stored at

If you have named your music video folders and files as per the recommendations in the PDF docs then use the Batch Creation Tool to auto create all the nfo files.

Page 22 of PDF docs. Just point to your source music video folder and select create nfo option and run. MMH will recursively find all (music) video files in all sub-folders and create the nfo in the folders. When completed, set the source folder as a music video source in Kodi and scan video content.
Hi HomerJau,

It seems to be an great app for me!!

But I have all my Music Concerts in one single or two ISO file(s) for each concert.

Is this ISO format also supported by your app?

best regards,
Peter
HTPC SilverStone Milo ML03 Black
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD
Seagate HDD.15 4TB x2
Asus P8Z77-I DeLuxe, Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770
Asus HD6570 2GDDR3 HDMI 1.4a
Corsair 8GB DDR3-1600
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, XBMC/Kodi 14.0 ''Helix''
Media Companion media manager
Sony Bravia 46X3500 Full HD
Home Cinema JVC RX-F10S 6.1 dolby digital-ex, dts control center
(2018-12-29, 19:02)pdo65 Wrote: Hi HomerJau,

It seems to be an great app for me!!

But I have all my Music Concerts in one single or two ISO file(s) for each concert.

Is this ISO format also supported by your app?

best regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Music Media Helper (MMH) wont work with ISO images. You would need to convert the ISO titles to MKV files. This could be done quite quickly by opening the ISO file with Windows and converting the selected title, with the audio track(s) you want, to MKV with something like MakeMKV or MKVToolNix. Once you have the concert in MKV format MMH can process it (split into chapters, rename, create NFO files etc)

Garry
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2