• 6(current)
Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
(2020-04-03, 03:13)HomerJau Wrote: Hi Spiff1.

The Split MKV tool needs an MKV with chapters.

Theres another tool: Scrape a Concert Folder that will create NFOs for all individual files (see the PDF docs). I think that will work for most video containers. If not let me know and I’ll add the mp4 extension.

That tool will use the Artist, Concert Name in the dialog and file names to create the nfo info.

EDIT: mp4 extension is supported in the Scrape Concert tool. I'd recommend renaming the concert folder containing mp4 files to format: [ARTIST] - [CONCERT NAME]. The tool splits the artist and concert name from the folder name, otherwise manually enter into the dialog before creating the nfos.
Hi HomerJAU,
thank you very much for your fast answer!
I also tried that Tool and also changed my folder structure and naming as described in the documentation.
Unfortunately i don't get any result when scraping the concert folder (i also converted one of the MP4-files into a MKV-file using ffmpeg). -> see my comment below!
I'm sure that the concert I'm looking for is not inside the TMDB.
First i was expecting the tool to list all video files of the folder i was scanning so that i can manually fill out information that will be needed to create nfo-files.
But after reading the documentation again i think i only get any scraping results when TMDB returns something.
These concerts where never officially released but i do have some background information and know the date, artists and so on.
My idea was to use Music Media Helper to act like a form for creating nfo-files.
I know that i can also just use notepad to create the nfo-file. But your application might speed up the job through its nice user interface + several automatism

Comment:
I got a little bit further!
When hitting the scrape button at the Scrape a Concert Folder Tool i got an empty result.
But i don't realize that i see my MP4-files listed when hitting the "Files" tab button.
Then i can create nfo-files!
For me it was not clear that even when you don't get a TMDB result there is still something listed under the "Files" tab.
Maybe it makes sense to display a note that TMDB search returned no result and change automatically to the "Files" tab (when you find files in the folder)?

Is it possible to further edit the nfo-file with your Music Media Helper app?
Like changing titles -> what may lead into changing file names. Adding artists and further descriptions...
-> Maybe that is not the purpose of your tool. I know that i could use Ember Media Manager or MediaElch to do that.

Maybe i will use several tools together.
Have a great weekend

Spiff1
Thanks for the feedback.

I can add something to allow you to rename the files and edit the NFOs. I’ll look at it over the weekend. Lockdown here, nothing much to do... There is another tool to rename files.

The NFOs are created based on file name and the folder name: Artist - Concert Name (Year).

The rename tool accepts a list of song titles, copy and paste off a webpage etc. I do that a fair bit although my main workflow is based on my concert BDVs and DVDs. Rip to MKV, split into chapters, create NFOs. Works quickly and easily. Kodi sees the concert files after a video scan, if the concert is copied to a music video source.

I’ll update the docs to reflect your comment. But the scrape tool does create NFOs for any file without actually finding a release online. (As intended, as I have quite a few unofficial converts, TV recordings among them).

Suggestions always welcome.
Hello, first I want to thank you for this great app. I have used it to split about 200 dvds and blurays.
I was wondering about the best way to handle multiple artists concerts. Since Kodi don't seem to read albumartist tag for musicvideo?
Do you simply use "Various Artist" for artist and "artist - song" for song?  or is there a better way?
Firstly, thanks for the great feedback. I have absolutely no idea if many users find MMH useful. Always nice to hear from users!

For my various artists concerts I use a folder name of: Various Artists - [Concert Name] (Year) but name the files to include both artist(s) and Song Title. The nfo created then adds that to the music vid dB.

This groups the concert in Kodi, when navigating to the concert in the Kodi UI you will see the title with artist(s). Example:

03. Crosby, Stills & Nash - Woodstock (when viewing the Woodstock concert)

So you can see what artist for each song in the concert at that menu level, or in a Kodi remote GUI.

DaveBlake (Music Developer) has talked about a revamp for Music Vids so maybe being able to add ‘album artist’ And ‘artist’ is something needed, but the above workaround helps me although searching on artist is not possible, afaik.
Okey, thank you. That's what I thought and have been doin, almost identical. And sure work fine for now.

Very good to hear that a developer is considering adding the albumartist tag. Can't wait Big Grin
I'm still struggling to find out how to insert a music concert into Kodi like an audio CD.
For an audio CD you usually have some album information + all tracks listed.
I don't find any way to do the same for video music concerts.
It seems like Kodi is not possible to handle video muci concerts consisting of one file per song... (I've been looking for days)
Maybe someone know how to setup a nfo-file for Kodi for a music concert (video) with several files per concert?

BR
Spiff1
If you have a folder per concert, single files per song with nfo per song (use MMH to create the NFOs) you will see the artist, album song view for music videos innKodi.

However, you must have these in a root folder that is set up a a Kodi Source of type ‘Music Video’ and Scan the source into the Kodi library using local info (These are part of the Video library). See the MMH docs for more info.

I use the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and that shows Artist, Concert, Song hierarchical menu in Kodi from its Aeon Nox Silvo Music Video menu.
From the MMH docs:

A Note On Music Concert Folders & Files:
If your music concerts discs are split into individual songs files it is much easier to play specific songs and add specific songs to Playlists etc.

Kodi (and other media players) will show the concert song files and allow users to navigate to them through either their inbuilt file browsers or from their Library views or tablet & smart phone apps (for Kodi remote apps). However, Kodi also requires additional metadata about each music video file stored as XML in an NFO file. MMH will create the NFO files for Kodi automatically if Concerts are stored as per Kodi’s folder requirements.

Kodi expects Music Videos to be stored in a folder structure like this:

(Root Concert Folder)\ARTIST - CONCERT NAME Example:
F:\Concerts\David Gilmour - Remember That Night

Please note the dash ‘-‘ character between the Artist and Concert/Video Name

For MMH Root Concert Folders can be on any drive accessible from your Windows PC including NAS/Servers.

IMPORTANT: This application (MMH) expects all Music Video/Concert Folder names formatted as: ARTIST - CONCERT NAME
MMH will also add the Year to NFOs if your concert folder name ends in a bracketed year: Artist - Concert (Year)

HINT: To allow Kodi to load the concerts just add the Root Concert Folder as a Video Source (of type Music Video) and set the scrape options to ‘nfo only’

Inside the Concert folder will be your media content:
• One or more Music Video files (MKV, M2TS, VOB, MP4, AVI etc)
• For each Music Video File, one NFO file with same name as Video file (e.g First.mkv and First.nfo)
• folder.jpg: The concert poster art/cover art image
• fanart.jpg : Artist Fanart/background image

Music Media Helper will auto create the NFOs (based on folder naming above and song file names), Folder and Fanart jpg files (if found by scraping) and split a single Concert Video into separate chapters and provides tools to rename the concert chapters with the song titles. (The images scraped from TMDB).
(2020-04-03, 09:46)Sylfest Wrote: Hello, first I want to thank you for this great app. I have used it to split about 200 dvds and blurays.
I was wondering about the best way to handle multiple artists concerts. Since Kodi don't seem to read albumartist tag for musicvideo?
Do you simply use "Various Artist" for artist and "artist - song" for song?  or is there a better way?

Hi. I’ve only started to read thru this thread. I’m also new to Kodi on my Nvidia Shield and love it. I have a ton of concert files. I’ve read your post and many others including some of the MMH documentation.  I’m still not entirely sure why someone would split all their concerts. 
the only reason I could see would be to allow for a mix or playlist of files. I started to do that with some DTS and TS files. 
I'm always up for improving my concert viewing experience. 
Can you explain the benefit to me or point me to somewhere that justifies the work that this would require.
(2020-04-23, 00:41)maritimer Wrote: Can you explain the benefit to me or point me to somewhere that justifies the work that this would require.

Probably the only reason is the ability to play an individual song and easily create playlists of concert songs and/or music videos.

There’s not too much extra work if you’re using Kodi. You still need to rip the original disc to a hard drive or NAS. This takes are fair while. Actually splitting the rip into song files (by chapter), renaming and creation of nfo files is quite fast in comparison using MMH. For me (and others) this extra step is worth the extra effort.

Additional benefits:

1. You can easily split a concert song again to remove non-musical content. E.g intros, artists ramblings etc. I prefer to play the music only.

2. I have an iPad music remote app that only ‘sees’ Kodi music (audio only), not music videos. I can auto create a playlist (with MMH) for each concert (with all the concert songs in each playlist) and the remote app can see and play those playlists and songs in any order. So I can sit an select the current Kodi playlist songs from any of the playlists without the Kodi screen showing what Im doing. So ideal for my party nights, music videos playing constantly without stopping or others seeing the Track selection interrupting the Kodi screen.

I hope this helps.
(2020-04-23, 00:41)maritimer Wrote: Can you explain the benefit to me or point me to somewhere that justifies the work that this would require.

For me personal it's about the simplicity to choose a song to enjoy. And the fact that I hate going thru the original menu of the disc, some of them really are horrible. I also like the partymode feature and playlists/nodes.
Thanks Homer and Syl.

i wonder if you can also advise on windows PC based media managers like Ember Media Manager or Media Center Master. are both of these similar to Music Media Helper ? i want something to organise my movies,concerts and documentaries and tv shows with covers, sub titiles, etc

Also i have been testing Music Brainz Picard for my music files and am not convinced its doing me as much good as i thought. I also have used stamp ID3 Tag Editor some over the years. I'm looking for software to organise my MP3, Flac muisc folders and files. i also have many various artists folders.
One other question. Will Music Media Helper work with DTD TS files ? Converting TS files to MKV would compromise quality I assume.
(2020-04-23, 22:16)maritimer Wrote: One other question. Will Music Media Helper work with DTD TS files ? Converting TS files to MKV would compromise quality I assume.

You’d need to use MKVTOOLNIX (free) to convert TS to MKV. It’s a lossless conversion, it just repackages the streams into a MKV file, it’s not a codec conversion.
(2020-04-23, 21:14)maritimer Wrote: Thanks Homer and Syl.

i wonder if you can also advise on windows PC based media managers like Ember Media Manager or Media Center Master. are both of these similar to Music Media Helper ? i want something to organise my movies,concerts and documentaries and tv shows with covers, sub titiles, etc

Also i have been testing Music Brainz Picard for my music files and am not convinced its doing me as much good as i thought. I also have used stamp ID3 Tag Editor some over the years. I'm looking for software to organise my MP3, Flac muisc folders and files. i also have many various artists folders.

I think you need to start a new thread for this, thou I would recomend MP3TAG if you want to tag and rename your .MKV files, it will provide tags from discogs and musicbrainz where you can find many Concerts.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2