• 7(current)
Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
(2020-04-24, 07:52)Sylfest Wrote: think you need to start a new thread for this, thou I would recomend MP3TAG if you want to tag and rename your .MKV files, it will provide tags from discogs and musicbrainz where you can find many Concerts.
Does Kodi read MKV tags into its music video library?
(2020-04-24, 08:08)HomerJau Wrote: Does Kodi read MKV tags into its music video library?

I do not think so, sometimes I use it to rename the files to whatever, based on the tags from Discogs/MB then MMH to provide the .nfo
Page 11 of the help document states that "If your music concert is already split into chapters you can still use the Split & Rename tool to only Rename your files." However, when I launch the "Split & Rename Concerts" tool, I do not have the "Add Files From Folder" button. See screenshot. I'm using version 3.8.5. How can I rename files and create an NFO for MKVs that are already split into chapters?

Thanks!

(2020-05-03, 20:25)elee532 Wrote: Page 11 of the help document states that "If your music concert is already split into chapters you can still use the Split & Rename tool to only Rename your files." However, when I launch the "Split & Rename Concerts" tool, I do not have the "Add Files From Folder" button. See screenshot. I'm using version 3.8.5. How can I rename files and create an NFO for MKVs that are already split into chapters?

Thanks!

For now I just installed an older version (3.0.0 RC1). Now when I launch the "Split & Rename Concerts" tool, I do have the "Add Files From Folder" button. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a problem with my install of 3.8.5?

Thanks!
Looks like a bug in 3.8. I’ll take a look today and update the app and docs. I’ll post here when ready.
@elee532 Apologies, but I can’t get to this for a couple days. In the mean time you should be able to use the old 3.0.0 version to load the files but that may not have the little text editor dialog to edit the song list text to copy. You may have to edit the list of song names in a text editor prior to copy and paste back into the MMH grid. (There’s been quite a few changes since 3.0.0).

Once the chapter files are renamed you can batch create NFOs for all your concert/music video folders with latest versions Batch tool, option Create NFOs.

Feel free to ask questions here. I just can’t get to my dev PC for any meaningful time at the moment.
(2020-05-04, 10:30)HomerJau Wrote: @elee532 Apologies, but I can’t get to this for a couple days. In the mean time you should be able to use the old 3.0.0 version to load the files but that may not have the little text editor dialog to edit the song list text to copy. You may have to edit the list of song names in a text editor prior to copy and paste back into the MMH grid. (There’s been quite a few changes since 3.0.0).

Once the chapter files are renamed you can batch create NFOs for all your concert/music video folders with latest versions Batch tool, option Create NFOs.

Feel free to ask questions here. I just can’t get to my dev PC for any meaningful time at the moment.

Thanks for the reply!!
One more question unrelated to my last posting... Music Videos > Artists view only shows the artist image for about half of the artists in the collection. The other half show a generic icon of a person wearing headphones. This is happening with major artists like Led Zeppelin, The Police, and others. Any idea why this might be? Is there a way for me to manually set an artist image?

Thanks!
That’s a limitation on the current Music Video implementation in Kodi. The Artist image comes from the Kodi Music Library Artist image. The Music Video Library doesn't have artist images. A nice feature would be for MVs to use an ‘artist.jpg’ image in the ‘album’ folder or similar feature.

So the missing artist images are artists you don’t have in your music library, Kodi defaults to the headphone image (or the skin maybe).
(2020-05-05, 06:42)HomerJau Wrote: That’s a limitation on the current Music Video implementation in Kodi. The Artist image comes from the Kodi Music Library Artist image. The Music Video Library doesn't have artist images. A nice feature would be for MVs to use an ‘artist.jpg’ image in the ‘album’ folder or similar feature.

So the missing artist images are artists you don’t have in your music library, Kodi defaults to the headphone image (or the skin maybe).

Thanks. That's very helpful to know. I have the artists in my library, I just haven't done a full metadata scan since I don't use really use Kodi for music (I use Roon). I should be able to get it fixed knowing this. Thank you for the always speedy and informative replies!!
I just posted a new update to MMH 3.8.6

Changes:
Rename/Tag Media Files tool now supports 'Audio' and 'Video' file renaming - This is the tool to use to rename Concert Videos already split into chapters. When renaming videos there's a new dialog to set Music Video NFO info manually for the concert (added new genre and Year)

Split & Rename Concerts tool now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year). This supports copy 'n' paste a list of track names to rename from

Scrape a Concert Folder tool now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year). There is no need to Scrape to create the NFO files. Scraping only gets the cover art and fanart (if found on TMDB).

Batch Creation Tools (Videos) - now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year)

The new Music Video/Concert Info dialog:

Additional changes:
Updated latest 3rd Party components

Docs are now updated with new screen grabs and info.

Download links on OP.
I forgot to add the new Concert NFO info dialog uses the folder name (Artist - Concert Name (Year)) to pre-fill the fields. If MMH has previously created NFOs then it will pre-fill based on existing NFO data.
Music Media Helper 4.0 released.

Link to installer in first post in this thread

Changes:
Click-Once Check for Updates now shows check and download progress on Launcher dialog
Split MKV to FLAC Tool: Now supports extracting multiple MKV files to FLAC (without split)
New Skin added: Office 2019 Black (now the default on new install)
Added Change Log (click on Version Number in Launcher to view)
New Preferences dialog for Skin and Folder Dialogs look & feel
Added display of changelog when future updated are published)
3rd party tools updated
Documentation Updated

Fixes:
Click-Once Updating failed to update. MMH needed to be uninstalled/reinstalled (fixed - new installer)
Play List Tool: Drag & Drop reordering failed when moving a file up the play list (fixed)
Split MKV to FLAC Tool: Now supports extracting multiple MKV files to FLAC (without split)

New tools:
Channel Volume Editing. Batch mode or individual files (supports FLAC and WAV files, multichannel):

Ideal for boosting subwoofer (LFE) or surround channel gain.

Merge MKV video and FLAC Audio (Batch mode):

This tool makes a copy of the original MKV, merges the FLAC and makes the FLAC the new default audio stream. All original streams remain unaltered.

Example above from a recent stereo upmix to 5.1, merging the upmixed FLACs into the MKV HD video.

Split and Merge Channels - multichannel to/from mono files (FLAC and WAV) (batch mode):

Music Media Helper 4.0.6 Released:

Version 4.0.6 (September 9 2020)
-------------
New Feature:
Extract MKV to FLAC Tool renamed Extract MKV to Audio and now supports FLAC, M4A and WAV output
Extract MKV to Audio Tool now supports MKA input files (as well as MKV)

Fixes:
Channel Volume Tool: Gain controls would not display values greater than 9.5db - fixed
Rename/Tag Tool: Mode dropdown control overlayed another control - fixed

Changes:
3rd party tools updated (new ffmpeg, mkvmerge and UI controls)

I added M4A file conversion as its a lossless media container that can be tagged easily. Kodi's Music Library scanner can read these tags!

M4A files can contain an TrueHD/Atmos stream (or DTS-HDMA stream) that can be played back in Kodi, Foobar (with ffmpeg component) and other media players via HDMI for decoding onboard your AVR.

Previously I was using MKA files. Kodi could not read the tags requiring an extra CUE file be created. With M4A I can simply tag the files just like FLAC and Kodi reads these nicely. MMKH can tag M4A files.

EDIT:
Here's the changed UI in the Extract Audio from MKV tool (was called Extract FLAC from MKV):

The new Output dropdown allows users to select: FLAC, M4A or WAV.
  • Selecting FLAC and WAV converts the selected stream (lossless) to PCM (up to 8 channels - the limit for FLAC & WAV)
  • Selecting M4A copies the selected stream into the mpeg audio file container. No conversion, Atmos = Atmos in the output files, DTS-HDMA = DTS=HDMA in the output files. Ready for tagging and decoding by your AVR.
Just noticed a little inconsistency with version 4.15  if i produce a listing of all my music albums and export to an excel spreadsheet there is a column for comment, but if i export to a CSV file the comment column is missing
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2