Win Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)
Music Media Helper 4.0.6 Released:

Version 4.0.6 (September 9 2020)
-------------
New Feature:
Extract MKV to FLAC Tool renamed Extract MKV to Audio and now supports FLAC, M4A and WAV output
Extract MKV to Audio Tool now supports MKA input files (as well as MKV)

Fixes:
Channel Volume Tool: Gain controls would not display values greater than 9.5db - fixed
Rename/Tag Tool: Mode dropdown control overlayed another control - fixed

Changes:
3rd party tools updated (new ffmpeg, mkvmerge and UI controls)

I added M4A file conversion as its a lossless media container that can be tagged easily. Kodi's Music Library scanner can read these tags!

M4A files can contain an TrueHD/Atmos stream (or DTS-HDMA stream) that can be played back in Kodi, Foobar (with ffmpeg component) and other media players via HDMI for decoding onboard your AVR.

Previously I was using MKA files. Kodi could not read the tags requiring an extra CUE file be created. With M4A I can simply tag the files just like FLAC and Kodi reads these nicely. MMKH can tag M4A files.

EDIT:
Here's the changed UI in the Extract Audio from MKV tool (was called Extract FLAC from MKV):

The new Output dropdown allows users to select: FLAC, M4A or WAV.
  • Selecting FLAC and WAV converts the selected stream (lossless) to PCM (up to 8 channels - the limit for FLAC & WAV)
  • Selecting M4A copies the selected stream into the mpeg audio file container. No conversion, Atmos = Atmos in the output files, DTS-HDMA = DTS=HDMA in the output files. Ready for tagging and decoding by your AVR.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio) - by HomerJau - 2020-09-08, 07:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Media Helper App (Tools for Concerts & Audio)2