Manually adding to library
Hi there,

Have only dabbled with kodi/osmc/etc, so might be missing something obvious, thus, apologies if this is a daft question.

I have several videos that do not automatically add to my libraries.
I have certain TV shows not on tvdb (World famous for dicking about for example), various films not on tmdb, mostly stand up comedy specials, and plenty much music videos, all not listed on the various internet databases.
Is there a simple way I can just type the video metadata/whatever to populate my library, as opposed to creating a log in for each, adding what data I have, so on and so forth,?

Many thanks in advance.
Yes, use an nfo file. http://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo

But if your series and movies aren't in the databases, be a good citizen and add them!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you.
Honestly, was hoping for a basic automatic sort based on file name. (I accept this was pretty optimistic!)
NFO files are definitely the way forward for some of the files I have that I either have little or no details for, but do have a title/artist/episode/whatever for, but not much else.
However, I do take on board your good citizen comment. When faced with large task like that, I'm sure you can forgive someone for feeling over whelmed! Espercially when they only have very basic details.
There are other scrapers in the official repo which make use of different databases. It might be worth looking at those and see if any of them sit your needs better.

At the end of the day though this is about the metadata available on the internet, which is almost entirely crowd sourced and not something we have any day about at all, other than some of us having the logins you mentioned and filing in the gaps in the databases.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually adding to library0