Linux Merge ripped double-CD's?
Hi,

when I rip double-CD's, KODI kreates two directories with the name of the Album and the appendix "(CD 1 of 2)" and "(CD 2 of 2)".

This is somewhat silly since this keeps the limitation of the CD while I have a huge harddisk.

So my question: is it possible to easily merge the songs of the second directory into the first one? this should be done in a way where the track-numbers in the ID3 tags are corrected so that the copied tracks from the second CD are put in correct order.

thanks!
I would not use Kodi as a ripper. I does it but other tools do it so much better IMO, such as EAC

When ripping Kodi, like other ripping software, creates music files and tags them with basic information. To achieve what you want you need to change the tags, and maybe move the files too. Use a tag editor to do this such as Mp3tag, or Picard.
For Rip Cd's with Linux you can also take a look to Sound Juicer.
Or abcde.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-10-23, 13:00)DaveBlake Wrote: Use a tag editor to do this such as Mp3tag, or Picard.
I have only recently started accessing my music through kodi and figuring out how to do it. I used Picard, and it collated my "multi-cd" recordings (which were on the computer the same as yours, each cd separately) into one title. It is arranged "cd title" and then underneath 01-song 01-song 01-song 02-song-02-song and so on. You might want to give Picard a go.
Since Nickr made an reply, i hope its all right to post this link to the Musicbrainz forum there are no ref to any illegal stuff on the page i am linking, and MusicBrainz also has a strict policy against linking to No No's as i call them
https://community.metabrainz.org/t/repos...ets/2786/2

There are some nice naming and tagger scripts just remember the scraper in kodi needs the naming to be in a certain way, or else it will not work, so either have a tidy Library the scrapper does not understand, or have a "sloppy" library it understands.

This is from the Wiki so you can see which tags it can read
http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2016-10-24, 06:52)kimkl Wrote: There are some nice naming and tagger scripts just remember the scraper in kodi needs the naming to be in a certain way, or else it will not work, so either have a tidy Library the scrapper does not understand, or have a "sloppy" library it understands.

I must correct this. The music library does not care what you name your music files, it does not use the filename to determine anything, it uses the tags inside the music files.

The album and artist scrapers will attempt to identify artist by name and album by title and artist(s), but this has weaknesses - names are not always unique. Or you can use tagging software like Picard (and Mp3tag has scripts to do this too) that use the Musicbrainz database to identify your music and add additional Musicbrainz Id tags for artist(s) and album to each music file. When present the scrapers can use these ids to accurately identify the information to download.

Accurate and consistent tagging produces the best results from the music library.
Thx for Correcting me Dave, my bad
Dave is correct about that.
Thank you
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merge ripped double-CD's?0