Release Artwork Organizer Script v6.1.1 (updated 26-12-2020)
Hi, Thanks...Great add-on!
I've a question, I'm sorry if it's the wrong thread to post Big Grin
the Destination Directory in Expert setting is just to copy artwork files? or it can be used also by skin? for example using it for random fanart.
I'm just guessing that this setting is to tell script to use the directory instead of default directory...

I've tried to set this setting and it did works, the artworks files is copy in my external sd card.
But when I deleted files in default folder "script.artworkorganizer" in userdata folder (in my internal storage), no fanart shows. random fanart no longer working.
is it possible to use artworks from external sd card?

Thanks.
(2018-02-11, 02:34)agungdeppe Wrote: Hi, Thanks...Great add-on!
I've a question, I'm sorry if it's the wrong thread to post Big Grin
the Destination Directory in Expert setting is just to copy artwork files? or it can be used also by skin? for example using it for random fanart.
I'm just guessing that this setting is to tell script to use the directory instead of default directory...

I've tried to set this setting and it did works, the artworks files is copy in my external sd card.
But when I deleted files in default folder "script.artworkorganizer" in userdata folder (in my internal storage), no fanart shows. random fanart no longer working.
is it possible to use artworks from external sd card?

Thanks.
Hey, 

After changing your fanart folder, you'll have to re-cache artwork on kodi.

You can delete thumbnails db and set your random artwork to loop from new folder and let it recache.
Image Image
This may be the duh question of the day. I've read the threads a bit, but am still not sure.

What I have is some custom artwork imported into Kodi from directories where movies and TV shows are at. I was thinking this add-on would take them and copy them to a new location broken down into a folder I created called Artwork, then Movies and TV folders respectively. Then I would have all my artwork consolidated in one place. I could go through my folders and re-organize them as above and then re-import them.

I was thinking this add-on captured them from Kodi and kept the links to them for the right movie and tv, but relocated them. I take it this isn't what it does as I am not seeing it work and put artwork in a share I created for it.
Android 8.1 / Kodi 18.0 (Skin Aeon MQ 7 - Leia Mod v1.0.1.3) / Artwork Organizer Script 6.0.3 (I updated the Kodi repository version of Artwork Organizer Script to version 6.0.3 from the location mentioned in the first post of this thread). I configured Artwork Organizer Script to separate artwork into directories (SETTINGS->Manage ADD-ONS-> MY ADD-ONS -> ARTWORK ORGANIZER -> CONFIGURE -> ADVANCED -> SPLIT ARTWORK BY MEDIA SOURCES - ON). I use the default location for copies artwork. After I RUN, the script does accomplish this. Directories and subdirectories are created, for example:

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/MovieFanart/CINEMA
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/MovieFanart/ANIME
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/MovieFanart/KIDS

I set the menus in the skin settings MAIN MENU -> CUSTOMIZE MAIN MENU -> MOVIES (or TV SHOWS) -> BACKGROUND IMAGE - USE COLLECTION FANARTS - ON. There does not appear to be any place to indicate WHERE the collection FANARTS are located.

HOWEVER, I do not see the backgrounds. I guess because Kodi looks for the images in the default location and not a subdirectory. Note that if I configure Artwork Organizer Script to not split into source locations (then run it), I can then see background images.

How do I configure Kodi to use the subdirectory location for the collection Fanarts?
(2019-02-06, 04:21)zardox Wrote: Android 8.1 / Kodi 18.0 (Skin Aeon MQ 7 - Leia Mod v1.0.1.3) / Artwork Organizer Script 6.0.3 (I updated the Kodi repository version of Artwork Organizer Script to version 6.0.3 from the location mentioned in the first post of this thread). I configured Artwork Organizer Script to separate artwork into directories (SETTINGS->Manage ADD-ONS-> MY ADD-ONS -> ARTWORK ORGANIZER -> CONFIGURE -> ADVANCED -> SPLIT ARTWORK BY MEDIA SOURCES - ON). I use the default location for copies artwork. After I RUN, the script does accomplish this. Directories and subdirectories are created, for example:

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/MovieFanart/CINEMA
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/MovieFanart/ANIME
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/MovieFanart/KIDS

I set the menus in the skin settings MAIN MENU -> CUSTOMIZE MAIN MENU -> MOVIES (or TV SHOWS) -> BACKGROUND IMAGE - USE COLLECTION FANARTS - ON. There does not appear to be any place to indicate WHERE the collection FANARTS are located.

HOWEVER, I do not see the backgrounds. I guess because Kodi looks for the images in the default location and not a subdirectory. Note that if I configure Artwork Organizer Script to not split into source locations (then run it), I can then see background images.

How do I configure Kodi to use the subdirectory location for the collection Fanarts?
What skin are you using?

For each node/menu you can set a directory where kodi will cycle through your images by source.
Image Image
Lightbulb 
Hi redglory

Would it be possible to add two extra options?

animatedposter.gif
animatedfanart.gif

it would be great to have those in a local folder, because they wont play over network and since skinhelperservice isn't working anymore i have only static posters and fanart.
Odroid-N2 CoreElec Kodi 19 with Aeon MQ 8 Mod
Synology DS 218+ (nfs) with Syno-MariaDB 10
(2019-07-13, 13:06)Gothico Wrote: Hi redglory

animatedposter.gif
animatedfanart.gif

it would be great to have those in a local folder, because they wont play over network and since skinhelperservice isn't working anymore i have only static posters and fanart.
I'll take a look when I have time.

Thanks for your sugestion [emoji106]
Image Image
(2019-07-13, 13:06)Gothico Wrote: Hi redglory

animatedposter.gif
animatedfanart.gif

Hi,

This addon relies on local artwork only. It isn't designed to download remote artwork and organize them.

It only arranges artwork in folders depending on sources / media sources

Regarding animatedposter.gif and animatedfanart.gif you would have to download them first to movie folder.

I can add support to this artwork types but only to copy them to centralized folders.
Image Image
Jepp.
They are, they are...
Kodi can play animated Posters and Fanart only from a local folder.
Sources are in LAN.
And that is what i ask you to add to your Addon ... ;-)

Copy gifs from source to a local folder.
Like now with <movie>-animatedfanart.gif and <movie>-animatedposter.gif

Pls

Made with love but send with TT
(2019-07-15, 15:08)Gothico Wrote: Jepp.
They are, they are...
Kodi can play animated Posters and Fanart only from a local folder.
Sources are in LAN.
And that is what i ask you to add to your Addon ... ;-)

Copy gifs from source to a local folder.
Like now with <movie>-animatedfanart.gif and <movie>-animatedposter.gif

Pls

Made with love but send with TT
Ok, I'll take a look.
Image Image
Is this being updated for Matrix?

Thanks
(2020-12-16, 21:25)rocko Wrote: Is this being updated for Matrix?

Thanks
I'm not using kodi matrix yet.

I can install a portable version and see what has to be fixed.

EDIT: you can download python 3 compliant script here
Image Image

Thanks

Don't now if you saw my update but you can try matrix version of this script. See post above
Image Image
(2020-12-30, 01:54)redglory Wrote:

Thanks

Don't now if you saw my update but you can try matrix version of this script. See post above

Tried. Working as usual.
Script is also called through MQ8 Mod @latts9923
Hi,

Is there a way to prevent the artwork organizer from deleting / overwriting existing files?
every time I run this addon, it deletes all the files and folders that are in the parent directory and starts from scratch.
so I have a centralized parent folder contains 2 subfolders: artwork subfolder (this one I use for artwork organizer) and background subfolder (this one has nothing to do with artwork organizer but I keep kodi backgrounds in it)
every time I run the addon, it deletes everything in the parent folder including the background subfolder that has nothing to do with the addon.
any advice?

nordicguy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Organizer Script v6.1.1 (updated 26-12-2020)0