XBMC code maintainers needed...
Thanks for all your contributions spiff,
much appreciated!
Thanks a lot
much appreciated!
I would just like to add my thanks to Spiff for all of his hard work on XBMC.

I love Grumpy Bastards comments, the forums wont be the same.

Good luck in what ever go on to do.
I am quite new to xbmc (just got it going a few days ago), but I would really like to thank Spiff and others who have create something really spectacular. Its amazing what the xbox has been able to do with this software. Good luck with whatever you do, hope you come from time to time and let us know what your up to. Smile
I have ben using Xbmc sens day one and befour that i used Xbox Media Player. And i would like to give spiff i super duper big thank you for all the hard work. I use XBMC every single day and i just got a media center pc witch is now running the windows version, I work at a retail shop that sells tvs and media center pc and i preach about XBMC to every customer considering buying a media center pc. ok trying to keep it short i love the software so mutch its hard to put it in to words i have allways said i will donate money but never gotten around to it nexpt paycheck tho iam will to 100% donate something to XBMC team to get the developers motivated etc. Also the XBMC store is a good idea to hopefully get you guys some money for your skills.

GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE SPIFF WE WILL MISS YOU ALOT ! Sad

ALSO THANKS TO ALL THE OUTHER DEVELOPERS THAT ARE STILL HERE Smile
Sad to see someone leaving who did so much good work on this project. Unfortunately it seems to often happen that maintainers are harrased by people into quitting, whether it's because people are annoyed at not getting free support, or being arseholes in whatever way - it's really rubbish and makes me pretty pissed off..
Most of the other projects I've seen die like this have been emulators, I really don't know whats up with people that they would harrass someone doing something for free in their own time.

/rant over...

Well, if spiff is every on the thread I just want to say thanks - hopefully if one of the other devs are in contact they will let spiff know that at least some users were greatful for all the work put in.

EDIT: Whoops I suck: didn't see how old the thread is - guess I'm in parts of the forum I never visited before Smile
Its very sad to see one of the major developers leave due to the lack of support from the idiots that dont know the difference between free and supported software.

Anyway... gamester, I am a C/C++ developer with extensive SQL experience, how can I help?
Spiff has threatened to leave twice since this was posted (more than a year ago) Wink
althekiller Wrote:Spiff has threatened to leave twice since this was posted (more than a year ago) Wink

and he is still here with us, isn'T he? Wink
cheers,azido :;):
Lets try not to rock the boat eh people....Wink
gnif: One obvious place (given your skills) is to take a look at the music and video libraries and offer some assistance to maintain and extend/improve them.

Otherwise, grab the sources and take it for a spin. Then, feel free to dive in anywhere you like - we're always wanting more help Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Rainbow 
Is there some kind of XBMC Association or organization which collects money and hires developers to work on XBMC? There have been many third-party forks of XBMC, some of which have turned into successful businesses surrounding the software. I think if there was a business behind XBMC (like what RedHat does for Linux), then finding developers to maintain certain parts of it would become rather easy since they would be hired to do it.

I've donated to XMBC via SourceForge, but would love to see more....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC code maintainers needed...1