Default User in Profiles
I was wondering what determines the "Default User" for the profiles. It seems like there's a lot of references to this user, but I couldn't find how to set the default user or how that's determined. Is it the "Master User"? Can it be changed?

Thanks!
Profile Settings, "Auto login" button. Default is "last used profile".
Value is stored in your userdata profiles.xml file.

scott s.
(2016-10-29, 00:28)scott967 Wrote: Profile Settings, "Auto login" button. Default is "last used profile".
Value is stored in your userdata profiles.xml file.

Thanks for the response. When I go over to the profiles -> login -> 'auto login' button, the login screen is selected and the 'auto login' selection is grayed out...this is where (I'm guessing) that if you want to have it auto-login to a profile, you choose it here.

What I'm talking about is in the wiki in 'section 2', which is the 'adding a profile' section.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles

It says for 'media sources',

Shares with Default - Shares media sources with the default user with full control

What's the default? Is it the 'master user'? I would guess that there would be a way to choose the 'default user' or have a specific username for the default user.

Thank you for the response though. Smile
As far as the "sharing" options, that is the "master user", which is always the first profile defined by the installer. All other profiles are based off of the master user, which also controls the password access.

scott s.
(2016-10-29, 22:14)scott967 Wrote: As far as the "sharing" options, that is the "master user", which is always the first profile defined by the installer. All other profiles are based off of the master user, which also controls the password access.

Ah, OK. This makes sense now. Thank You!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default User in Profiles0