scan content to new menu
hi
im using kodi on pi - via osmc.
i use confluence
using some tips here, i added a Kids menu on the home screen.
went to videos->files - added the folder /hdd/kids
added this as favorites
went into userdata/favorites.xml copied the line for onclick
(10025,"smb://hdd/kids/",return)

went into confluence Home.xml added this section:
<item id="29">
<label>Kids</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://hdd/kids/&quot;,return)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
now i can see Kids menu on home
when i click on it I can see files in the hdd/kids folder.

one problem though:
when i scan the content of the folder /hdd/kids for movies type, the moves in the kids folder are visible under MOVIES
i want them to appear under Kids menu
ie. i dont want files in kids menu but i want scanned kids movie with all description like movies menu.

how can i do that?
Have those movies been tagged as "Kids" or maybe all classified in a specific genre??

If so, just create a custom playlist for that tag or genre and then link your Menu Item to that playlist. Every time a movie is scraped into that genre (or has that tag added to it) it will automatically show up in the playlist.

I would also recommend using Xonfluence, as it is easier to create customizations like the one you've made. Xonfluence allows for tons of customization without ever having to edit an xml file. It's all done easily from within the skin settings menu.

Hope this helped and be sure to at least come to the Xonfluence thread as have a look. Maybe you'll like what you see. lol
Smart playlists Nod

Easiest way to separate your media (which you appear to be using) is by paths on your hdd. '/kids', '/movies', '/xmas' etc etc

Then create some smart playlists with a 'path contains' rule. Finally, link the smart playlists to buttons.

The last bit can be easy or quite involved depending upon which skin you are wanting to use. Many skins come with some sort of editor where you can re-arrange the main menu and link buttons to playlists etc - All the AeonMQx skins for instance. Confluence will require you to edit it by hand again but it's a better sense of achievement when you get it working right !!!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
thanks both for the responses.
i finally jumped and updated to xconfluence.

on xconfluence skin, i have the kids menu added to main screen.
i also have a smart playlist pointing to kids folder
but how do i ensure the kids folder content when scanned points to kids menu?

now all the movies from kids folder and my folder are going into movies menu
I've never done it the way black_eagle suggests, but all my 3D movies I tagged as "3D". Then I created a smart playlist with the rule "tag is 3D" and linked my 3D button to that playlist. Now every movie I tag as 3D shows up in my 3D movies section.

Although they will still show up in Movie Library because that is the main/default place for movies that are scraped into Kodi.
thanks mate for response.
so is there any way to get rid of them in 2 places? and have it only in kids?
Yes. With 2 smart playlists.
Bin the 'Movies' button on your home screen and replace it with a 'Movies' button that points at a smart playlist with the films you want only.
eg you have films in C:\\Films and C:\\Kidsfilms.
Set them both as sources with content = movies, scan to the library.
Create a smart playlist using eg <path> <startswith> C:\\Films
Create another using <path> <startswith> C:\\Kidsfilms
Stick them both on the home screen. Done.

You can use tags or <path> <contains> in the playlists instead - the important thing is they just point at what you want to see there.
(2016-10-31, 23:56)trogggy Wrote: Yes. With 2 smart playlists.
Bin the 'Movies' button on your home screen and replace it with a 'Movies' button that points at a smart playlist with the films you want only.
eg you have films in C:\\Films and C:\\Kidsfilms.
Set them both as sources with content = movies, scan to the library.
Create a smart playlist using eg <path> <startswith> C:\\Films
Create another using <path> <startswith> C:\\Kidsfilms
Stick them both on the home screen. Done.

You can use tags or <path> <contains> in the playlists instead - the important thing is they just point at what you want to see there.

Thanks for helping him, Trog. I was busy with the kids for Halloween and couldn't be online. Hope everyone had a great holiday!! Happy Halloween!!
thank you very much.. for all the help.
so far have done everything as per your suggestion.
i cant get the recently added movies on top of the menu.
how do i get that for the added menu?
(2016-11-01, 13:58)bittihuduga Wrote: thank you very much.. for all the help.
so far have done everything as per your suggestion.
i cant get the recently added movies on top of the menu.
how do i get that for the added menu?

Go into System > Skin Settings > Home Menu Items. Select the Menu Item in question (In this case...... Movies). You'll see various options, such as Submenu Set, Add-on Set, Widget Set......

You'll need to look at Widget Set and make sure it says "Recent Movies"

Keep in mind that (to my knowledge) Recently Added Widget only applies to local movies scraped into your library. You'd need a totally different (custom) widget to display "library items" from online sources that you may stream from.

Edit : Going back thru our chat here, I think I got what you're saying now!! You will need to make a custom widget to display for "Kids" menu item. Right?

I think you'd need to create another playlist for that source, making sure that the order ran descending from newest to oldest date added. Be sure to name it something like "Kids Widget" so you can tell what it is going to be. Now add that to your Favourites. Then follow the same instructions as above, but make sure you are on "Kids" menu item (not Movies) and go to Widget Set. Add the "Kids Widget" playlist from your favourites. Be sure you save the change by going to System > Skin Settings > Skin Reset and selecting Reload - Save Settings and Reload Xonfluence.

Back out to Home Menu and go to "Kids" and see if it loads how you wanted.

Be sure to post results, homie
thank you very much.
the best possible guidance one can find anywhere for any issue.
hats off..
all my problems solved.
sad that we cant configure confluence skin this way - even with editing file.
xconfluence is bit slow compared to confluence on my pi.. but still i like it now...
have been using confluence for a longgg time
(2016-11-03, 00:46)bittihuduga Wrote: thank you very much.
the best possible guidance one can find anywhere for any issue.
hats off..
all my problems solved.
sad that we cant configure confluence skin this way - even with editing file.
xconfluence is bit slow compared to confluence on my pi.. but still i like it now...
have been using confluence for a longgg time

Happy to help.

Xonfluence is a tad slower but it loads more than Confluence with all the customizations we add ("we" as in users. I'm not taking any credit for creating Xonfluence. That honor belongs to Helly), so it's to be expected, especially when ran on Pi, FireStick or other "limited" OS devices. I know my HTPC handles it far better than my FireStick but the customization allows me set up my FireStick for a far better Kodi experience. I always run into beautiful skins (Aeon MQ7 comes to mind) that POP and seem so great, but after install and thumbing thru things...........I always go right back to Xonfluence. Xonfluence is just the best when it comes to making Kodi "YOURS" instead of just having a beautiful media center. I get a beautiful media center AND it's exactly how I need it.

But again........ Glad I could help you out and be sure to pop into the Xonfluence thread and check things out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scan content to new menu0