v16 Slow TV Show open with SQL since Jarvis (16.1)
Hi All,

I use a ReadyNAS running SQL for my Kodi database (have done for 5+ years without issue) with various devices around the house. Openelec, Windows 10 & Amazon Fire TVs.
Everything working perfectly until I upgraded to Jarvis (16.1).

The issue I now have is that when I click on a TV show it takes ages to open. Its in the range of 15-20 seconds where I get the "working" icon down in the corner. Weirdly, once I've opened the show, the season folders themselves open immediately and when clicking the files, they also open immediately and play normally. Everything else works perfectly fine and playback isn't an issue. Its literally just this weird tv show folder problem.

Its not a major problem but its VERY VERY annoying and as its only just happened immediately after the upgrade, its clearly some change introduced with Jarvis (I was on Isengard prior).

I can grab a debug log but just wanted to see if this was a known issue first.

I found an older thread that shows similar symptoms but this was back in 2014/gotham days so not exactly the same. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212116

Any pointers / advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for reading.
I have no problems with slow TV-shows so doesn't need to be slow. The trick is to find out what is making it slow. What database engine do you use? I know that, at least in Kodi's case, the InnoDB engine is quicker than the Myisam engine so if you have the latter you might want to change that if you can. Another possibility is that, when updating the database something went wrong.
You could try renaming the database Jarvis database but keep the older one so Jarvis needs to update it again. Ultimately you could use another name for the database in advancedsettings.xml and let Jarvis create a new database from scratch. At least you can do that just to test whether that solves the issue.

Hope this helps a bit.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow TV Show open with SQL since Jarvis (16.1)0