Music default folder cannot be set(krypton)
Well, I almost forgot why I never try to report or discuss problems here.

Thanks for the reminder.
Hehe, you know you can customise the sub menus in Confluence now right?
Didnt tried confluence that much since went to a black screen paradise some time ago on the krypton betas.

Now seems to works fine. Will have to take a look, but not sure if we are talking about the same thing.

I think setting a default folder was handy to get music setup easy for non experienced users. Maybe setting default folder and library could coexist.

Or if you dont think is worth, maybe the menu item to set default folder should be removed.
I spent some time on this and I guess I don't really see when the default gets used? Yes when you first start Kodi and call ActivateWindow(music) it will then use the default, but if you subsequently navigate then I guess ActivateWindow(music) takes you back where you were. Or maybe you need ActivateWindow(music,,return)?

But I do see what seems a bug. If you navigate to sources:\\music\ aka "files" and open the context menu for any of the sources, the SET DEFAULT button is available on all sources, and CLEAR DEFAULT button is never available. Whereas everywhere else, if SETTING_MYMUSIC_DEFAULTLIBVIEW is equal to the current list item, SET DEFAULT is not available, and if SETTING_MYMUSIC_DEFAULTLIBVIEW is not empty, CLEAR DEFAULT is available.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
If you navigate folders, when going back to home screen and MUSIC again, it will show default folders/categories, so you will have to navigate again, I guess thats probably caused by:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(Music,root,return)</onclick>
Tried newer builds, still show default folders/categories when you are on a specific folder and go back to home and back to music.
Latest updates to the skin, didnt help.
So, setting default folder is working now? Should be removed from skin?

BTW, I had some problems adding music to library, didnt remember I have a .nomedia file on this folder. Seems kodi for windows also use the .nomedia to not scan the folder.
(2017-03-13, 16:12)trihy Wrote: BTW, I had some problems adding music to library, didnt remember I have a .nomedia file on this folder. Seems kodi for windows also use the .nomedia to not scan the folder.
Kodi takes all folders with name starting "." as hidden and does not scan them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music default folder cannot be set(krypton)0