Questions about different numbers in Music Library?
Question 
I have added my songs (mp3) to the music library, using a MySQL database.
(Due to speed issues, I use KODI Jarvis on Windows with actual XAMPP)

If I look at the numbers for the different fields, I see many differences.

a) Why is the number in "song" not the same as in "song_artist" and "song_genre"?
("song_artist" is higher and "song_genre" is lower as "song". How can I find the differences?)

b) Why are the fields "albuminfosong", "content", "cue" and "discography" all zero (0)?

c) The number in "song" doesn't match the total number of mp3 on my harddiscs.
How can I find the songs not imported into the database? How can I log the reason why such songs are excluded?

Please let me know, if there are Wiki articles or other sources of information about this Music Library numbers.
(2016-11-03, 10:39)GhoudiOnPi Wrote: If I look at the numbers for the different fields, I see many differences.
Yes obviously, this is a relational database with some tables have a many to one relationship with others. If you are digging into the database then I have to assume that you have some basic understanding. Otherwise you would be better talking about your problem, not about the db.

Quote:a) Why is the number in "song" not the same as in "song_artist" and "song_genre"?
("song_artist" is higher and "song_genre" is lower as "song". How can I find the differences?)
Some of your songs have more than one artist hence the song_artist count is higher. Some of your songs do not have genre tagged, hence the song_genre count is lower.

Quote:b) Why are the fields "albuminfosong", "content", "cue" and "discography" all zero (0)?
Because you have not scraped additional album or artist infomation from either online sources or from NFO files, and you have not scanned music that has a cue sheet.

Quote:c) The number in "song" doesn't match the total number of mp3 on my harddiscs.
How can I find the songs not imported into the database? How can I log the reason why such songs are excluded?
I assume that this is your actual problem - you scan your music collection and not all the songs have appeared in the library. This is probably because of lack of tags withing those music files. The Kodi debug log will tell you what files it was unable to add to the library when you scanned.

Quote:Please let me know, if there are Wiki articles or other sources of information about this Music Library numbers.
AFAIK the database design has not been documented in wiki.
Thank you very much for your fast answer, DaveBlake!
(2016-11-03, 10:55)DaveBlake Wrote: This is probably because of lack of tags withing those music files. The Kodi debug log will tell you what files it was unable to add to the library when you scanned.
My debug log is huge (several hundred MB). What kind of keyword should I looking for to find the skipped files?
You are looking for log messages during scanning so try search for "MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner".

Otherwise restart Kodi which will clear the log, and then choose update library from the music side blade. That should try to rescan the files it could not add before and fail again, but a smaller log file to work with maybe. But take a copy of your big log first just in case I am wrong.

Edit: I was wrong! Of course having tried the file once it isn't going to do it again but just check the date/time and see it hasn't changed.

So if you have lost the original log of when you scanned all the files for the first time you will need to drop the music source, clear the library and add it again creatig a new log of it attempting to scann every file and telling you which it skipped. If missing tags are the problem then "MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::ScanTags - No tag found" will be in the log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions about different numbers in Music Library?0