Bug Kodi is scrapping "I.T. (2016)" as a completely different movie
Hi,

When I added the movie I.T. (2016) (see IMDb & TMDb link) to Kodi it shows up as the movies Daddy's Girl (2016) and Back in the Day (2016). I'm using the "The Movie Database" scrapper and this is the only movie with this problem.

I want to know if anyone is having the same issue with this movie or if its just me. I havent tried using other scrappers because I have 500+ movies that scrapped perfectly fine. also this isn't happening on just one computer. I have my movies on a NAS server and access them from multiple devices, and all devices scrapped the incorrect movie.

I've tried changing the title to just I T (2016), I.T._(2016), and I.T (2016) still nothing. Any help would be most appreciated =)

*some info: Windows 7, Kodi 16.0 & 16.1
I don't see anything wrong with your naming scheme. So, I wonder if maybe there is an .NFO file that is causing problems?

Others usually ask for a debug log before they offer help. So I'd recommend removing the movie, turning on debugging, restarting Kodi and rescanning your source.

I am just getting started helping others, so my advice might not be worth anything.
Hey thanks for reply. I restarted Kodi in debugging mode and readded the movie so it rescans, here is log file. Kodi still scrapped it to Daddy's Girl
I think that the name "I. T. (2016)" is not scrapped correctly, it seems that TheMovieDB scrapper is incompatible, at least in my version of Kodi, 15.2 (I cannot upgrade Kodi for the moment since the database is shared among several machines and a couple of them cannot be upgraded). Is there a way to force the name somehow, other than writing a nfo file?

My version scrapes it as "hold (S T I L L) (2016)", if I try to scrape it manually, entering "I. T. (2016)", "I.T.(2016)", "I T (2016)" or "IT (2016)" never offers the correct one (IMDB tt2679552). It seems that the scraper "cleans" the name somehow before searching (or maybe in the search results) in a way that misses the correct result.
Try using the universal scraper and ensure the 'search' setting is IMDB, then with the movie folder in focus do a 'manual' refresh from the internet, enter the manual button and when the osd keybaord displays, clear out the title and type in 'tt2679552', without the parenthesis, pick I.T. at least that's what I had to do for I.T. (2016) on occasion one falls through the cracks.
It might be because it isn't 2016 it's 1991 or something like that it got re released for the first time on Blu ray

Sent from my HTC One_M8
I encountered the same, and actually managed to find it by manually searching just for "IT" (no dots or year). Hope that helps!
(2017-01-29, 15:19)toeggi Wrote: I encountered the same, and actually managed to find it by manually searching just for "IT" (no dots or year). Hope that helps!
 Thanks a million! this worked for me after scratching my head for weeks!
I.T. is pretty hard to search for, especially as the search engine ignores punctuation, and there are at least two movies actually called It,

For difficult cases you can always add an nfo file with simply the tmdb link and you'll scrape properly.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-13, 03:11)PatK Wrote: Try using the universal scraper and ensure the 'search' setting is IMDB, then with the movie folder in focus do a 'manual' refresh from the internet, enter the manual button and when the osd keybaord displays, clear out the title and type in 'tt2679552', without the parenthesis, pick I.T. at least that's what I had to do for I.T. (2016) on occasion one falls through the cracks.

Big thanks for this TIP. All KODI scrapers still having this issue and thanks million for this TIP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi is scrapping "I.T. (2016)" as a completely different movie0