v17 Problems with streams in IPTV Simple Client
Bug 
IPTV Simple Client works differently on different operating systems.
I have Kodi 17 beta running on Windows 7, Windows 10, Android 5.1 (2 different devices), Android 6 and Linux (LibreELEC). All devices point to the same network location to load the same playlist file, with TV and radio channels.

Both Windows versions work OK, grouping channels works as expected and all streams work fine.
Linux (LibreELEC) plays all streams properly, but channels groups are not recognized - "all channels" is the only group, even radio channels are in the same list. The Radio option on the main menu has no entries.
Android devices, regardless of the OS version, all work the same way. They have channels grouped properly, all radio channels play correctly, but majority of TV channels play with no sound.

I've tried going back to Kodi 16.1 on Android devices and in that case all streams from the same playlist file play properly, with sound, but switching between channels takes about 10 seconds. Switching between channels in Kodi 17 is almost instant, which is great, but channels play with no sound since the very beginning, starting with the alpha build, all the way to beta 5.

I was wondering if these are the problems with Kodi or with IPTV Simple Client specifically. Any thoughts?
It looks like nobody else had this kind of situation, so I started digging through the settings and found what needs to be changed in order to get my sound back on streams played with the android version of Kodi + IPTV Simple Client. I thought I'd share it here, in case people run into similar situation... Here is what I've changed:

1. Under Settings > System Settings > Audio, the setting for the Output Configuration needs to be set to Fixed. All other values relative to that change I left untouched.
2. Under the same option (Settings > System Settings > Audio), there is an option to Enable audio DSP processing, which was set to OFF by default. I've turned it ON, but left all other options in the same area unchanged.

If I set only one of the two options mentioned above, I don't have the sound. Both have to be set.
It might be the specific configuration of streams coming from my IPTV provider, that is causing this problem, but it was weird to see it happening only on android.

Channel grouping under Linux (LibreELEC) is still broken, but I can live with that. It would be nice to see it fixed some day, but it definitely isn't something very important.

Thank you all Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with streams in IPTV Simple Client0