Add-on for voot.com
voot.com is similar to other websites like dittotv and hotstar and provides tv content in a similar manner. Can anyone create an addon for this ?
i Need addon for Voot.com
It is available in my repo, but not sure If it can be discussed here
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
But we also Need a Indian IP Address / VPN. Can you add an Option of configuring Indian IP Address just like how Dittobeta Hotrain Addon works ?
It would be much useful for the Users outside India, while ist those users who are going to use and in Need of this Addon.
Thanks again for your wonderful effort. much appreciated.
(2018-07-03, 11:36)plikmuny Wrote: But we also Need a Indian IP Address / VPN.
VPNs are not a initial requirement for Kodi usage. If you want to discuss piracy-related topics, find your own forum.
(2018-07-03, 13:18)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-07-03, 11:36)plikmuny Wrote: But we also Need a Indian IP Address / VPN.
VPNs are not a initial requirement for Kodi usage. If you want to discuss piracy-related topics, find your own forum.

Thanks for your suggestion. You should really talk to those who upload the links to these videos and make money not the users who use it as the only source of entertainment and freely.
I live in a country where you get no Indian content and also no English shows.
it's the only option left for me to feel homely and watch the shows I want.
So why don't you do something to shut these websites in internet ? Will serve your purpose...
If only it were that simple - both we, the police and the legal owners of the copyright for the media would have a much simpler life.

Unfortunately the internet (and human nature) doesn't work that way.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-07-12, 22:40)plikmuny Wrote: Thanks for your suggestion.
It is not a suggestion. I was & am serious. Either I split the VPN-section posts off to a thread in the Off-topic section on this forum for technical discussions, or you can go on your merry way to another forum.

Kodi already has received its share of bad press and a tarnished reputation, because add-ons provide video streams in an unlawful manner. So, we are already walking a fine line here where it concerns topics like legality of video streams and VPN usage. And we all know darn well why VPNs are used...

I'm sorry if you have limited access to your native content, but that is really not Kodi's problem. We simply provide a video and music playing application, which happens to have extendability via certain add-ons. If you yourself require a VPN to access certain sources/videos, that is not a Kodi problem.

A VPN is a not a prerequisite for basic Kodi usage. The choice is yours.
Voot.com is legal and is Viacom's portal to their channels targeted at the Indian Market. It is just that they have chosen to geo-restrict it to India. So Yes, the addon is legal in India. However the usage outside India is questionable, the same as BBC iPlayer addon which is geo-restricted to UK
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
The usage of VPNs to bypass geolocking isn't supported here, regardless of the add-on involved.

People asking for it with regard to iPlayer get the same response.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
here the link for Voot addon, but some times voot addon not working. this is the alternet approch to watch voot with vpn. *MOD EDIT*

We are not going to actively encourage or advertise VPN services on this forum.
(2018-08-31, 16:38)ashwinparkar Wrote: here the link for Voot addon, but some times voot addon not working. this is the alternet approch to watch voot with vpn. <link removed>
 You seem to have missed the theme of "VPN discussions aren't permitted here in the context of avoiding geoblocking". Providing helpful links to do just that falls into the same category.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
(2018-07-12, 23:07)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-07-12, 22:40)plikmuny Wrote: Thanks for your suggestion.
It is not a suggestion. I was & am serious. Either I split the VPN-section posts off to a thread in the Off-topic section on this forum for technical discussions, or you can go on your merry way to another forum.

Kodi already has received its share of bad press and a tarnished reputation, because add-ons provide video streams in an unlawful manner. So, we are already walking a fine line here where it concerns topics like legality of video streams and VPN usage. And we all know darn well why VPNs are used...

I'm sorry if you have limited access to your native content, but that is really not Kodi's problem. We simply provide a video and music playing application, which happens to have extendability via certain add-ons. If you yourself require a VPN to access certain sources/videos, that is not a Kodi problem.

A VPN is a not a prerequisite for basic Kodi usage. The choice is yours.
Wow. I didn't know all these. Once again Thanks...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on for voot.com0