removing/editing the "FreeMem" line
how can i play with the information line at the top-leftmost side of the screen?
tried to look it up in the forum but found nothing, tried to search the .xml files inside xbmc but except fom the lcd screen there's nothing about it..

thanks!
sorry for double posting - but after a little digging i found the answer:

the file /XBMC/xbmc/Application.cpp needs to be modified:

do a search for the string: "FreeMem - it will go to line 2602. change the text here, and also 5 lines under it (if and else).
after that, if you want, you can change the text color. my skin, for example, has a blackish background so i found it more comfortable to use gray. the change should be at line 2612 as follows:

pFont->DrawOutlineText(x, y, 0xff2B2B2B, 0xff000000, 2, wszText);
where ff2B2B2B is gray.

hope that helps anyone.. Smile

p.s.
of course, you should save and go back to /XBMC and run "make" again.. (or build.bat if you're using windows)
could you please post in correct subforum ? THis is clearly linux related

TIA
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You can start xbmc with the parameter "-q" . No need to modify the source Smile
or compile with ./configure --disable-debug its all inthe readme and changelogs if you take the time to read them
i sure am hasty.. Blush
anyway, i sometimes need the info line so i left it as it is - but made it gray so it won't be so eye-catchy.

thanks for the tips!
Well any of the 2 options will let you turn it back on knatsch option just don't use the -g and with my option you Add <loglevel>2</loglevel> to advancesettings.xml
Hi, I am a new and very enthusiastic user of XBMC.

The only thing I run into is that FreeMem thingy. Why árent you able to turn it of within the gui? Very strange choice.

So now my question: How do I turn it of? I tried the things mentioned above, but no luck whatsoever! I have Windows Vista, the latest XBMC and tried:
1. xbmc.exe -q (no luck)
2. Created advancesettings.xml in Userdate and added:

<advancedsettings>

<loglevel>X</loglevel>

</advancedsettings>

Where X is -1, 0 or 2, tried them all but no effect whatsoever!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Sebas
Settings>>System>>Enable Debug Logging

This turns it on and off for me through the gui.
althekiller Wrote:I like how this thread went from "specifically sound" to "overclocking." It was a good attempt guys, almost a thread that could be useful in the future.

I really miss althekiller :(
Yes, thats it! Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
removing/editing the "FreeMem" line0