v17 Bug: Kodi crashes on caching images
Hi guys

Running today's nightly on Win10. Got a bug.

I updated my installation from the 2 Nov nightly to the 6 Nov nightly. Suddenly it starts crashing on viewing pictures. Both when they're shown in the background (main menu), or in a slideshow. The picture folders haven't been changed in weeks and used to work great.

It doesn't happen with every file. I can easily reproduce it (it happens every time, sometimes it takes 1 picture, sometimes 30, but a crash is guaranteed.) The debug logs always end with 'caching image' in the last second, so my assumption is that's the culprit.

Here's a log: http://pastebin.com/VYJ5MXrM

I'm not sure the log is very helpful, but I didn't get a crash dump or anything. Just the standard Windows message 'Kodi stopped responding' (or whatever the English translation is).

Let me know if you need more info?
Can you please create a trac ticket and include the image where it crashes on?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Will do. It's not each time the same picture though.
I run the slideshow in random, so it stops on a different photo each time.
Hmm k
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I see a seemingly similar trac ticket was opened just a few minutes ago. I guess it's the same issue? So I think I'd better not create a duplicate.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17058
It's mine :-). Will look on Wednesday.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Btw. if you want to help, could you retry with beta4? and post your findings on the trac you linked?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I remember it worked with beta 4.

I tried a couple of the nightlies and found:
KodiSetup-20161029-a0d63d1-master - this one works OK
KodiSetup-20161030-a08a5e3-master - this one crashes on some pictures
Thx. I know the origin code already. Just need to get Home from holidays fixing it. Thx.
Great!
Enjoy your days Smile
Update: this was fixed by fritsch with PR10906 and should not happen anymore in latest nightly build.
I can confirm it's fixed. Thanks fellas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug: Kodi crashes on caching images0