RE-scanning
I have used KODI/XBMC for several years now and this happens occasionally......

I have a really large music library, correctly put together as far as folder and file structure, art and so forth, once in a great while instead of doing it's normal "speedy" update it will do a music library scan as if it's the first time..........?

Why?

Thanks
Interesting. The library update process first checks the size, date and timestamp of evey folder and file on the music source path(s) and compares it to a hash value created when that item was first scanned (if it has been scanned before). This is what it is doing in what you call a "speedy" update, checking and finding not changes so doing nothing more. When it does find differences in size or timestamp, or it is the first time, then it scans the tag data out of the files and updates the database, obviously this is more involved and takes longer.

Now scanning as if the first time can be forced following an upgrade of Kodi version, but that is not what you are talking about here. So for a full rescan of tags data to be triggered Kodi must be finding differences in size or timestamp. My first thought is to wonder is clock change from summer to standard time could trigger it? We have just had such a change, and you happen to ask the question shortly after I assume because Kodi has just done this strange full scan.

But having hypothised an explanation, I would like some more system info from you: what version of Kodi are you running, on what OS and where are your music files located? And what settings do you have - library update on startup, fetch additional info?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RE-scanning0