v14 Multiple artist tags not indexing?
I have a Raspberry Pi 2 with OpenElec (Kodi v14.2).
I have my music library tagged and everything is working except one thing. When I have multiple artists (on a track) the track/album isn't indexed in the library. (A track with multiple artists) I can still play it by choosing to play files and while playing the album/tracks it displays the artists correctly as well as title and album. So, everything is displaying correctly when playing but Kodi will not index the tracks/albums with multiple artists collaborating. (xxx feat. yyy)
Compilations seem to work as long as each track only has one artist. (Problem = one track with multiple artists.)
I use Mp3tag for tagging and \\ as separator which creates a artist field for each collaborating artist on the track. (xxx\\yyy = 2 separate artist fields)
I installed Musicbrainz Picard to double check that everything was correct and it confirms that all is ok.

I have no idea what to do? Everything is done correctly from what i can tell and yet, it will not add the tracks/albums to the library. What do do?
Please help me.
The difficulties with multiple artists are solved in newer versions of Kodi. The solution is to upgrade the version of Kodi you use.

I recommend using LibreElec https://libreelec.tv/ it is what I have on my pi. I would even encourage you to try recent versions of Krypton, the beta versions of LE are pretty stable on pi. LE has a SD card installer app that makes things even easier too. Obviously take a backup of what you have, but do try these newer things.
Updating openelec seems to have solved the issue. I didn't realize I was running such an old version.
Thanks for putting me on the right path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple artist tags not indexing?0