Linux Kodi at 432Hz?
I am using VLC on Linux to play my music at 432Hz.

Code:
/usr/bin/vlc --rate 0.981818 %U

It is possible to do something similar with Kodi?

Thank you
I think most people (including myself) have difficulty understanding what it is you are trying to achieve.
Having all music played at (a constant tone of) 432Hz would seem boring to me although it might have a soothing, even meditating effect. Personally, I prefer music with a bit more complexity, like several tones of varying pitch that can even be combined in a harmonously way that is pleasant to the ears.

Anyway, I looked up what the --rate parameter does. In your example it shows down the content by a tiny fraction but you don't leave us with clue why you would want that.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
I'm laughing so hard right now.
*Grabs his aluminium foil hat*
This has been requested a number of times, for example here, but each time I don't think the team-Kodi people really understood the question.

I think there is a way of using ffmpeg in Kodi and there are loads of ffmpeg scripts out there to convert 440 to 432, but I don't know if that would work on the fly in Kodi. Would need someone with much more programming knowledge than me (any in fact) and who is prepared to take the question seriously.
Thanks Paul for clarifying what the question was about.

Is it possible to change the pitch of music using Kodi? No it currently isn't, and I doubt that any of the current team are interested in implementing this (even if it is supported by ffmpeg). So unless someone new comes along that has both the interests and the skills then the answer will remain no, but of course there is no way to predict who may want to work on Kodi in the future or what they may try to do.
We have the infrastructure in place ... called atempo, which can be used for changing such things while resampling. We currently use it to reduce the tone to not get chip munk noises when we have to resample to strongly to keep A/V in sync. It's another usecase, but yeah - it's there. Interested folks: your turn.

Edit: Try it with a video and "misadjust" the atempo values for a video.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For people who don't understand why, I want to make a box(PI) exclusive for kodi and we have some instruments like some old flute who are tune in natural scale A=432Hz and for practice we need to pitch shift the backtracks with -1.776. But also we need to do A=452Hz sometimes, it is about getting in tune..
Current concert pitches https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_pitch
I will use audacity to edit it and play it in kodi.
Thanks fritsch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi at 432Hz?0