Req kodi show proper audio icon images for DTS:X and Atmos
when will kodi be able to show that a movie(s) etc has a DTS:X and/or Dolby Atmos symbol embedded in the information panel when it detects via the nfo file or other means that a video file contains these new formats.

Mediainfo for both types shows the following audio settings:

DTS:X

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : X / MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 2h 7mn
Bit rate mode : Variable / Variable / Constant
Bit rate : 4 735 Kbps / 4 735 Kbps / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels / 6 channels
Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE

Dolby Atmos

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : Atmos / TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 7 719 Kbps
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels
Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE

Although i am using an older version of mediaInfo of which maybe a newer version is more consistent in where those values are stored. Im currently running Isengard and after some tweaking of the settings of my onkyo 646 those lights do now show up when i play a movie embedded with these new formats. Also note that my files are MKV format
Just a stab as I don't use a receiver, did you set your audio settings in kodi to WASAPI? Try that and see what you get. Also, any reason why you don't upgrade to 16.1 ? It might just be a limitation of pre-Jarvis
Atmos and dts:x are still not available as logos by default in v17
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
currently my settings in kodi are basically waspi passthrough. I have started to plan around with jarvis but one of my favorite skins was supported yet mq6. there may be a workaround just have not gotten to it yet. Probably will wait to see how Krypton turns out and upgrade to that one and then fall back to jarvis if i run into any major issues

On the other hand since we know now that those logos are not currently in V17 by default is there any chance that it will be added to V17?
(2016-11-08, 23:29)Martijn Wrote: Atmos and dts:x are still not available as logos by default in v17

Just out of curiosity is anyone pursuing this feature or are we waiting for it to be supported in FFMpeg first?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi show proper audio icon images for DTS:X and Atmos0