[Solved] Where do the moviegenre icons go?
First and foremost - thanks for this wonderful skin. I love it as do all my family members. Very beautiful and easy to navigate.

Now my question:

I use the Holiday.png icon for my holiday movie category. But it seems every up grade all the files in the directory except Default.png go missing.

I keep a backup and just copy back to /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.rapier/extras/moviegenres

Is there a reason for this?

Should I not be using these icons?

Is there a way I can point my setting to a different folder than /special?

Thanks
Hi skulker and thanks so much for all the kind words Smile

You're right that all contents within the skin folder gets replaced with each skin update.

Actually the genre folders are a leftover I didn't remove yet from before image resource add-ons were added to the Kodi repository.
Now it's much easier using image resource add-ons for all kinds of things - including genres.
The genre folders doesn't make much sense to use as they get wiped with each update (as you found out).

I would keep the image on a location outside of the skin folder.

When entering the path for your category icon, you should be able to choose any local or network location.
Just a heads up:

From Kodi 17 Krypton (Rapier v10.x) I have removed the skin.rapier/extras/moviegenres/ and skin.rapier/extras/musicgenres/ folders as they don't work properly.

People should use image resource add-ons instead, if they want to add movie or music genre icons to the skin.

If you want to add a custom icon to any category (for example Holiday.png, as you write above), you should place it outside of the skin folder.
Thanks for the heads up.

I have already moved the icons to another place.

Thanks again for all the hard work on this skin!
(2016-12-02, 11:57)Gade Wrote: Just a heads up:

From Kodi 17 Krypton (Rapier v10.x) I have removed the skin.rapier/extras/moviegenres/ and skin.rapier/extras/musicgenres/ folders as they don't work properly.

People should use image resource add-ons instead, if they want to add movie or music genre icons to the skin.

If you want to add a custom icon to any category (for example Holiday.png, as you write above), you should place it outside of the skin folder.

could you tell me what kind of tool to use the have custom png files as genres? i only dind it working if i put them in here:
/.kodi/skin.rapier/extra/moviegenres

you remember that i send author right to you to a genres pack? that we could include them in youre skin? a few years ago?
Maybe you can make a extra plugin for that?
(2017-01-23, 02:11)IIIdefconIII Wrote: could you tell me what kind of tool to use the have custom png files as genres? i only dind it working if i put them in here:
/.kodi/skin.rapier/extra/moviegenres

Custom genre icons are not possible in Rapier anymore. It doesn't work as custom edits and additions to the skin folder gets erased every time the skin updates.

You can use resource add-ons instead. There are many genre icon packs available.

(2017-01-23, 02:11)IIIdefconIII Wrote: you remember that i send author right to you to a genres pack? that we could include them in youre skin? a few years ago?
Maybe you can make a extra plugin for that?

Was it Xzener's icons?
I already made those into two seperate genre icon packs, which are available from within Kodi.

http://addons.kodi.tv/show/resource.imag...ener-flat/
http://addons.kodi.tv/show/resource.imag...eflection/
Hi Gade,

Sorry to bother you,,, again..
I installed this icon packs but they won't show up, any idea's?

got the pakc installed right, not shure why its 4 times in the list but...
You need to select the icon packs in the skin settings.

Movie / tv show genre icons:
Media > Videos > Select movie genre icon pack

Music genre icons:
Media > Music > Select music genre icon pack

Movie / tv show genre fanart:
Backgrounds > General > Select movie / tv show genre background pack

Music / music video genre fanart:
Backgrounds > General > Select music / music video genre background pack

Weather icons:
Weather > Select weather icon pack

Weather fanart:
Backgrounds > Custom backgrounds > Weather > Condition (Add-on) > Add-on
Hello to all.
First let me say thank you for a really nice looking and functional skin. This was the only skin within the last couple of weeks I've tried that allowed me to add my own custom KODI Intro vid that's lasts about 26sec with no problems. Really, thank you for that.

Now for my question and concern,

I came across this forum seeking an answer to why am I not able to change the Movies and TV Shows background with this Rapier skin. I installed the Skin Helper Service and can not seem to activate it no matter what I try.The options for choosing Movies and TV Shows backgrounds under the background settings are there, but grayed out and non-selectable. WhyHuh? Going over some of the previous posts, am I to understand the customizations I implement to this beautiful skin that I've decided to keep as my permanent skin will be deleted on every skin update without these special packs? Please say that's not the case. I'm having a very hard time getting a lot of these addons to stick, activate or enable with noticeable positive results. Any helpful response would be appreciated.

Thank again.
Hi Torch22 and welcome to the forums.

Thanks so much for all the kind words - I really appreciate it.

If the Movies and TV Shows are greyed out in the Skin Settings > Backgrounds, it's probably because you haven't scraped your movies and tv shows into the library.

Read here how to add your sources. I recommend using Universal Movie Scraper for movies.

Anything you change and set in the Skin Settings are saved at all times. Nothing gets erased on updates.
What you have probably read, is that all manual custom edits people do to the skin's xml files are overwritten each time the skin updates.

When you go to Skin Settings > Supported Add-ons, you can see the add-ons with skin support and read a description of what they do.

I recommend reading the wiki on this skin. Here you can find detailed information on the skin settings, tips and guides etc etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Where do the moviegenre icons go?0