Bug PVR is Broken - FILMON API CHANGES
(2016-11-14, 22:04)Aristogiton Wrote: There is no simple way to change kodi user-agent. But it's unnecessary. You should try instead to recompile the filmon.pvr with this simple fix.

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.filmon/b...monAPI.cpp - line 217:

bool res = filmonRequest("tv/api/init?channelProvider=ipad&app_id=IGlsbSBuVCJ7UDwZBl0eBR4JGgEBERhRXlBcWl0CEw==");

should be

bool res = filmonRequest("tv/api/init?channelProvider=ipad&app_id=IGlsbSBuVCJ7UDwZBl0eBR4JGgEBERhRXlBcWl0CEw==|User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3");

or maybe better

bool res = filmonRequest("tv/api/init?channelProvider=ipad&app_id=IGlsbSBuVCJ7UDwZBl0eBR4JGgEBERhRXlBcWl0CEw==|User-Agent=Mozilla%2F5.0%20(Windows%3B%20U%3B%20Windows%20NT%205.1%3B%20en-GB%3B%20rv%3A1.9.0.3)%20Gecko%2F2008092417%20Firefox%2F3.0.3");

Hope this helps.

NOTE: en-GB is not the real trouble. User-agent has to be EXACTLY what I wrote. I really don't know why.

Hi new forum member here, I'm very interested in getting this resolved also.

Are you sure this is correct Aristogiton? Does the "|" symbol set the user_agent in kodi, as if you just add the user_agent switch when calling the filmon api you still get a 403 return (I can only get the json to return correctly if I manually in chrome change my user agent to be the one you first mentioned).

Drt1989, I can compile the code, but I'm not sure how to distribute it if we resolve this as I need to make it work for android and I'm not sure if it's the same code path for android/windows/ios etc.
(2016-11-14, 22:04)Aristogiton Wrote: There is no simple way to change kodi user-agent. But it's unnecessary. You should try instead to recompile the filmon.pvr with this simple fix.

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.filmon/b...monAPI.cpp - line 217:

bool res = filmonRequest("tv/api/init?channelProvider=ipad&app_id=IGlsbSBuVCJ7UDwZBl0eBR4JGgEBERhRXlBcWl0CEw==");

should be

bool res = filmonRequest("tv/api/init?channelProvider=ipad&app_id=IGlsbSBuVCJ7UDwZBl0eBR4JGgEBERhRXlBcWl0CEw==|User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3");

or maybe better

bool res = filmonRequest("tv/api/init?channelProvider=ipad&app_id=IGlsbSBuVCJ7UDwZBl0eBR4JGgEBERhRXlBcWl0CEw==|User-Agent=Mozilla%2F5.0%20(Windows%3B%20U%3B%20Windows%20NT%205.1%3B%20en-GB%3B%20rv%3A1.9.0.3)%20Gecko%2F2008092417%20Firefox%2F3.0.3");

Hope this helps.

NOTE: en-GB is not the real trouble. User-agent has to be EXACTLY what I wrote. I really don't know why.

Addon loads with this, streams play, but no epg!
With regard to breakage of the pvr.filmon, "looks like change user agent" fix is on its way ref https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.filmon/pull/56 not sure when fix will become generally available on various kodi platforms
Thank you @mcaptur and everyone involved in understanding issue to be resolved.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Hi, I'm glad this is reaching a wider audience, although I'm still learning so please forgive me. All we can do is try and see but the more traction it gets the better. Filmon are definitely changing things around.
(2016-11-15, 10:06)Drt1989 Wrote: Hi, I'm glad this is reaching a wider audience, although I'm still learning so please forgive me. All we can do is try and see but the more traction it gets the better. Filmon are definitely changing things around.

Whoops didn't see above post. Waits patiently for fix. Smile
(2016-11-14, 22:23)donbrew Wrote: In my case it is not the pvr that isn't working it is the FilmOn addon. I have a free US account, when I click on a service that used to work I get a "FilmOn error, check the log" . That usually happens when a site is down.

The log says:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/me/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.filmon/default.py", line 935, in <module>
IIIiI11ii1I ( IIIIii , oo0 , O0o0 , Ii1I1IIii1II , OOo0 , ii11I1 , oO0oo , Ii111iIi1iIi , '' , iiI111I1iIiI , i1I1ii11i1Iii , IIIII )
File "/home/me/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.filmon/default.py", line 797, in IIIiI11ii1I
xbmc . Player ( xbmc . PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER ) . play ( O00OoOO0oo0 )
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER'
-->End of Python script error report<--

It seems they have been making a number of changes..... For the video addon as opposed to the PVR you previously just didn't need to select HD. Now it appears you actively have to go into settings and specifically set it to low quality.
(2016-11-15, 11:33)thomssi Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 22:23)donbrew Wrote: In my case it is not the pvr that isn't working it is the FilmOn addon. I have a free US account, when I click on a service that used to work I get a "FilmOn error, check the log" . That usually happens when a site is down.

The log says:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "/home/me/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.filmon/default.py", line 935, in <module>
IIIiI11ii1I ( IIIIii , oo0 , O0o0 , Ii1I1IIii1II , OOo0 , ii11I1 , oO0oo , Ii111iIi1iIi , '' , iiI111I1iIiI , i1I1ii11i1Iii , IIIII )
File "/home/me/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.filmon/default.py", line 797, in IIIiI11ii1I

It seems they have been making a number of changes..... For the video addon as opposed to the PVR you previously just didn't need to select HD. Now it appears you actively have to go into settings and specifically set it to low quality.

- Yes as they state to receive HD you need to have a paid subscription. At least changes are going through to allow the PVR to function again
(2016-11-15, 11:39)Drt1989 Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 11:33)thomssi Wrote:

The log says:

- Yes as they state to receive HD you need to have a paid subscription. At least changes are going through to allow the PVR to function again

I know HD was subscription but another person mentioned the standard addin (not the PVR) had just stopped working aswell. Previously this had worked when you installed it but it appears the default selection is now "high" and you need to change it to "low" on a dropdown option - this is different to the "prefer HD streams" on the PVR configuration. I have seen elsewhere a number of people had this issue (myself included). It also wasn't just for new installs, existing ones got broken, presumably via some update.

I believe the "high" is actually broken for subscribers as well but can't confirm as I am not one of those people.
Once the changes to the pvr happen, we can see what else is broken. It's a shame that this PVR doesn't have active development. It was very good - able to record was brilliant
If you are using a Pi you can try out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2457421
(2016-11-16, 06:04)gendo Wrote: If you are using a Pi you can try out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2457421
Thanks gendo, tried it out but unfortunately like you although now plays live stream ok, then kodi crashes when we stop live stream.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2457524
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
When would this fix be pushed to the Google store so it can be loaded to my Android TVs? I've lost all my live TV in my house!!
Hey Guys, new here but following this thread closely.

I see that my filmon pvr is out of date on Kodi, I want it to update but it won't. How do I go about doing this manually?

Thanks in advance.

PlexMan
Looks like Filmon is back. I just updated to version 0.7.7 and it's working on my Libreelec box.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
Has anyone gotten the filmon PVR to work?
I have tried on 3 different, 1 fresh install and no joy. I am using the windows release beta 7. Just installed it and no joy.

Chette

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR is Broken - FILMON API CHANGES0