Bug PVR is Broken - FILMON API CHANGES
(2016-12-19, 15:14)[email protected] Wrote: Has anyone gotten the filmon PVR to work?
I have tried on 3 different, 1 fresh install and no joy. I am using the windows release beta 7. Just installed it and no joy.

Chette
As far as I am aware, although in principle add-on has been fixed for Kodi Krypton release which works with raspberry Pi devices using LibreELEC OS for example it does not currently work in Windows and MasOS environments with Kodi Beta 7 because of a change from an underlying requirement inputstream.rtmp? used in Kodi Jarvis? (I have tested with Krypton Beta 7 on Win10 and MacOS Sierra)

I am not personally aware if recent pvr.filmon fixes have been back-ported to Jarvis (not using Kodi Jarvis)
I am not personally aware if/when inputstream.rtmp or an alternative will be available for Windows and macOS (Kodi Krypton)

debug log when trying to play filmon channels via pvr.filmon with Kodi Beta 7 installed on Windows 10
debug log when trying to play filmon channels via pvr.filmon with Kodi Beta 7 installed on macOS Sierra

Note: Additional issue occurs when attempting to load EPG from Filmon server (macOS), which ultimately causes kodi to lock-up when trying to exit kodi which appears to require a forced exit from kodi on macOS. (To ensure kodi process are stopped)

---edit---Issue also recorded in github
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
I think no one is working on inputstream.rtmp for Krypton/Win32 nor on backport the updated filmon.pvr for Jarvis. So sad news for filmon.pvr users on windows. My two cents consist in making available a Jarvis/Win32 dll. Hope this can help someone.

https://github.com/Aristogiton/pvr.filmo...filmon.dll

PS. EPG is not fixed in this version.
(2016-12-24, 22:09)Aristogiton Wrote: I think no one is working on inputstream.rtmp for Krypton/Win32 nor on backport the updated filmon.pvr for Jarvis. So sad news for filmon.pvr users on windows. My two cents consist in making available a Jarvis/Win32 dll. Hope this can help someone.

https://github.com/Aristogiton/pvr.filmo...filmon.dll

PS. EPG is not fixed in this version.
Note: Using recent releases for windows i.e. Krypton RC http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/win32/Krypton/

EPG does work (maybe not consistently, I move around kodi GUI whilst channels are being updated) but playback of available channel streams does not work as I mentioned in my previous post.

RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Just a short update to advise that Videoplayer InputStream RTMP now appears to be available with Kodi Krypton RC2 for macOS

Note: "RTMP Input" needs to be enabled and can be currently found under Add-ons -> My Add-ons -> Videoplayer InputStream -> RTMP Input

I have quickly tested on macOS Sierra and Filmon User Favourites appear to be working correctly; Channels and EPG are populating correctly and channels are playing back well. Cool

Also double checked Kodi Krypton RC2 for Windows and "RTMP Input" is not currently available for Windows OS
Working fine here... AFTV Box krypton 17rc2 with RTMP INPUT ENABLED

Sent from my iPad
Filmon.pvr does not work on windows epg works. wont load channels, all works on x89 android, wont work at all on my samsung s6 egde.
I have FilmOn working on a number of Android devices running Kodi 17 and it works with one exception. If I stream a channel (say CH4) it works fine. If I switch to another channel ( say ITV) it works fine. However if I switch back to CH4 it fails to play, then ITV it fails to play. In fact any channel that has been played once won't play again unless Kodi is restarted. Restarting the addon doesn't make any difference. Please note that in order for FilmOn to stream you need RTMP Input enabled in VideoPlayer InputStream.
I have abandoned this PVR in favour of using third party add-ons for the TV Guide. There is also a 3rd party add-on for filmon..
I'd advise anyone wanting to use this PVR to instead research the method above.
+1 Loads and plays each channel fine, but only once. If you switch away from a channel you can't go back to it. Android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Kodi 17 Krypton. RTMP enabled.

Sent from my SM-T710
(2017-02-16, 20:42)Burgo Wrote: +1 Loads and plays each channel fine, but only once. If you switch away from a channel you can't go back to it. Android 6.0.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Kodi 17 Krypton. RTMP enabled.

Sent from my SM-T710 (typie typie)

Same here on two devices

Fire Tv stick & box, Kodi 16 & 17

Sent from my iPhone
Definitely in need of a developer. Otherwise this PVR is dead
For anyone interested, another update to advise that Videoplayer InputStream RTMP is now available with latest Krypton nightly builds for Win 32

i.e. 22 Feb, Kodi Krypton 17.1 RC for Windows OS, http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/win32/Krypton/

Note: "RTMP Input" needs to be enabled and can be currently found under Add-ons -> My Add-ons -> Videoplayer InputStream -> RTMP Input

I have quickly tested on Win10 and Filmon User Favourites appear to be working correctly; Channels and EPG are populating correctly and channels are playing back well. Cool

@Drt1989, please could you be so kind as to change prefix flag on this thread from BUG to SOLVED for Linux, macOS and Windows OS?
Did anyone ever find a fix to the "only plays each channel once" issue?

Sent from my SM-T710
I still cannot get this to play any Film On channel streams at all. This is on both a Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC, and a laptop running Linux Mint 18. Both devices are using Kodi 17.1, both with RTMP enabled.
(2017-04-27, 21:17)mikefreeman Wrote: I still cannot get this to play any Film On channel streams at all. This is on both a Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC, and a laptop running Linux Mint 18. Both devices are using Kodi 17.1, both with RTMP enabled.

No help, but working here on x4 FTV sticks/boxes.

But only one channel per boot up as above

Sent from my iPhone

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR is Broken - FILMON API CHANGES0