v17 replaygain doesn't seem to be working
(2017-02-04, 09:21)nzjonnydeath Wrote: Hi,

I'll just add my 2 cents. I've recently upgraded from 16.1 to 17RC4 and I've noticed replaygain not being applied. According to the debug log it's reading the correct replaygain information from the mp3 files, but it isn't actually applying the gain change (I can tell by listening to 80s metal vs modern metal)

I'm in a similar situation to the above. I'm running Kodi on OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 2 and installed the new Kodi 17 release yesterday and I don't believe the ReplayGain settings are being implemented correctly.

I've enabled debugging and had a look in the logs and it appears to be reading the correct ReplayGain tag information but not actually applying it when playing back. Whereas before the update playing a Party Mode playlist had a consistent volume it's now varying quite a lot.

I'm using Album Levels although I can't hear much difference if any between that and Track Levels although turning it off completely makes a noticeable increase in volume. I've no hard evidence to back this up but it appears it's recognising it as a track with ReplayGain information but just applying a blanket 89dB adjustment. Changing the preamp level setting for "Files with ReplayGain information" does affect the volume as expected.

I can provide a debug log but is this just a case of enabling the debugging playing a few songs and then uploading it or is anything else required?

One other thing to mention is that I notice the setting regarding not allowing a track to clip (can't remember the exact name of the setting) is no longer there and I had that enabled on version 16 so could that be coming into play somewhere?

Messages In This Thread
RE: replaygain doesn't seem to be working - by Hallucyn8 - 2017-02-06, 19:21

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
replaygain doesn't seem to be working0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.