v17 replaygain doesn't seem to be working
(2017-03-18, 21:01)jjd-uk Wrote: We already have the pre-amp settings don't we?

Admittedly I don't understand any of this replaygain stuff but isn't that what is in Player -> Music

Files with RepalyGain information - level in dB
Files without RepalyGain information - level in dB

Only difference we seem to have an absolute dB measure while foobar seems to be relative.

Yep!
Probably the same thing and I think the different spelling make me understand it wrong

(2017-03-18, 21:17)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks for the testing feedback @Gracus.

Discussing with @FernetMenta on Git he is still pretty sure that having an avoid clipping setting is a silly thing. Why reduce gain across the entire song to avoid clipping when the AE can cleverly protect against clipping on just those places that need it?

I am suggesting that as it produces a different sound (when clipping would happen) then the option for reduced gain approach is valid. But I don't use this, and no one here has complained about clipping protection behaviour.

The replaygain not working unless peak = 1.0 is a bug that will be fixed, just the clipping protection apporach that is being debated.

I would say that the better way could be to avoid clipping only on the part of the song that need it and not reduce gain on the entire song

Should be dependent of the peak value but not sure how it should work
Moanbag is in da place!

Messages In This Thread
RE: replaygain doesn't seem to be working - by Gracus - 2017-03-19, 00:51

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
replaygain doesn't seem to be working0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.