v17 Ugly streached music video artist artwork
Krypton's Music Video view for 'Artist' shows the artist's folder.jpg from the audio music library (from the artist folder) as it does for Jarvis except the picture aspect ratio is not square it's like a movie cover (taller than wide). All the music artist folder.jpg's are square, so this should be a square image like Jarvis.

In Krypton the image is stretched to fill the tall image size which looks terrible.

Where should this be logged as a bug?
I suspect that is a skin issue (although no music video to test with so I can't be sure). Does changing skin help? If it is skin related then try the Estuary forum bug thread I guess.
How art is displayed is 100% determined by the skin you use. Actually I think it is more common for artist source image to be "poster" size or 3:2 rather than "album cover" size 1:1. I don't know how the 1:1 aspect came to be used in skins (it is that way in Aeon MQ5 for example).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I posted this on the Estuary skin bugs thread:

Problem with the Music Video Artists view. The Artist folder.jpg image is used from the Music (Audio) Artist folder (same as Jarvis) but these images are square.

In Estuary the skin stretches the square image, which it should not:

In addition, when you navigate to the Artist folder you get to see all the 'albums' (Video Concerts) but this skin (and all others in Krypton and Jarvis) that I've used show only the 'Album' name and do not show the cover art (folder.jpg) image for each when the cursor is on the name, see below - the folder.jpg should show the cover art for the current folder:

Split from general testing thread as this seems to be skin specific.
Quote:I posted this on the Estuary skin bugs thread:

Problem with the Music Video Artists view. The Artist folder.jpg image is used from the Music (Audio) Artist folder (same as Jarvis) but these images are square.

In Estuary the skin stretches the square image, which it should not:

So a duplicate post too Sad
Although I do understand why. But I notice that the images are not Estuary, so the guys that work on that are unlikely to bother to look any deeper. I suggest that you post Estuary images on the Estuary bug thread, that is the best bet of a fix. Also post on the support thread of the skin you use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ugly streached music video artist artwork0