Kodi skipping directories
So I've got an issue where Kodi seems to be skipping directories when scraping.

It's detected the majority of videos, however when it gets to some directories, it seemingly skips oine but gets the others.

The log that shows an example being skipped is the following. Insidious is skipped, but the other two in the directory are scraped (scraper earlier in this case)
Code:
18:31:47 T:65472   DEBUG: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Connected to "\\dionysus\Movies" without username and without password
18:31:47 T:65472   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
18:31:47 T:65472   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'smb://dionysus/Movies/Insidious/' as not in the database
18:31:47 T:65472   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir smb://dionysus/Movies/Insidious/
18:31:47 T:65472   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://dionysus/Movies/Insidious/Insidious - Chapter 2 (2013)/' due to no change
18:31:47 T:65472   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://dionysus/Movies/Insidious/Insidious - Chapter 3 (2015)/' due to no change

I found the relative entries in the mysql database, but it just looks like they're blank, again, 2nd, and 3rd are fine, 1st is all null.
Code:
"idPath"    "strPath"    "strContent"    "strScraper"    "strHash"    "scanRecursive"    "useFolderNames"    "strSettings"    "noUpdate"    "exclude"    "dateAdded"    "idParentPath"
"222"    "smb://dionysus/Movies/Insidious/"    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    "1"
"223"    "smb://dionysus/Movies/Insidious/Insidious - Chapter 2 (2013)/"    \N    \N    "33BEFBF3CA6289B252659A2D5CD8FAC6"    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    "222"
"224"    "smb://dionysus/Movies/Insidious/Insidious - Chapter 3 (2015)/"    \N    \N    "244F3A85B31B1C2D0C4D619DDBBA7E04"    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    \N    "222"

There are several others in my library where it's just skpping over them with "No (new) information was found". any idea why it's skipping over these?[/code]
Just going off what I see, it appears your folder structure looks like this:

Movies\Insidious\moviefile.ext
Movies\Insidious\Insidious\Insidious - Chapter 2 (2013)\moviefile.ext
Movies\Insidious\Insidious\Insidious - Chapter 3 (2015)\moviefile.ext

Is this correct? If so, try placing the first insidious into a folder named "Insidious (2010)" so that your folder structure looks like this:

Movies\Insidious\Insidious (2010)\moviefile.ext
Movies\Insidious\Insidious\Insidious - Chapter 2 (2013)\moviefile.ext
Movies\Insidious\Insidious\Insidious - Chapter 3 (2015)\moviefile.ext

I'm going to assume the other ones you have problems with are possibly grouped the same way? Let us know!
The folder Structure is actually the following, so there is no Movies\Insidious\moviefile.ext. The missing one is Movies\Insidious\Insidious (2010)\Insidious (2010).avi, and it does have it's own .nfo inside it.

http://i.imgur.com/CtxNHg0.png
The most obvious possibility is a problem with the .nfo - maybe check it / post it here / try a new one / try scanning without one in place.
try turning off fasthash
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-11-15, 04:58)trogggy Wrote: The most obvious possibility is a problem with the .nfo - maybe check it / post it here / try a new one / try scanning without one in place.

+1
(2016-11-15, 04:58)trogggy Wrote: The most obvious possibility is a problem with the .nfo - maybe check it / post it here / try a new one / try scanning without one in place.

was going to post the one I had, until I tried scanning without one in place, just

and the scan still skipped it, so don't think it's an .nfo issue
(2016-11-15, 05:19)nickr Wrote: try turning off fasthash

set usefasthash to false as documented here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#videolibrary - reran scan, same thing, didn't pick up directory at all.

I also found some other movies that apparently refuse to be picked up by Kodi. Some are in sets in (/setname/moviename (year)/moviename(year).mkv), some are individual (/moviename (year)/moviename (year).mkv)
all seeming to be ignored by Kodi
Are you sure you have "Scan recursively" checked in your scraper settings?

Also, lets get a full debug log of you updating your library before making any more assumptions.
Full Logfile: http://pastebin.com/BAh2wauU

Operations
- Started Kodi
- Ran an Update Library action
- Exited
(2016-11-16, 14:38)helta Wrote: Are you sure you have "Scan recursively" checked in your scraper settings?

Also, lets get a full debug log of you updating your library before making any more assumptions.

Log file posted above, and yes, "Scan recursively" is checked, as well as "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie"
I can't find an example of "some are individual (/moviename (year)/moviename (year).mkv" that isn't added to your library. Its only the ones that you are physically grouping by sets. So that kind of narrows it down.
Yes keep the storage flat, no need to group in sets on your hard drive.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-11-16, 19:12)helta Wrote: I can't find an example of "some are individual (/moviename (year)/moviename (year).mkv" that isn't added to your library. Its only the ones that you are physically grouping by sets. So that kind of narrows it down.
That's because it doesn't show up in the log at all, like Insidious (2010). It's not that it's showing up in the log, and Kodi is skipping it for a reason, it's that it doesn't show up at all.

nickr Wrote:Yes keep the storage flat, no need to group in sets on your hard drive.
I group them for preference, but I've never had a problem before now having movies in sub folders, and indeed, many other sets are in sub folders that have no issues being scrapped and added to library.

Other examples that Kodi is oblivious to....
Code:
/Movies/How to Train Your Dragon (2010)/How to Train Your Dragon (2010).mkv/nfo   (folder in root movies)
/Movies/Now You See Me (2013)/Now You See Me (2013).mkv/nfo (folder in root movies)
/Movies/Taken/Taken (2008)/Taken (2008).mkv/nfo (folder in sub of root)
/Movies/Star Trek - The Next Generation Collection/Star Trek - First Contact (1996)/Star Trek - First Contact (1996).mkv/nfo (folder in sub of root)

Kodi's log doesn't show it even attempting to scrape the directory itself. Other movies in sub folders scan just fine, including other movies in the same set, ie. Insidious 2/3, and first Taken missing, but Taken 2/3 show fine. But for some reason, Kodi is just skipping over some directories. If anyone knows of a way to turn on a verbose log or something, just to see why it's skipping directories, I'd totally be game, but right now, it's pretending that they just don't exist, when I can access the directories fine from any other machine, and I don't know what avenue to begin to try and debug, whether it's Kodi / Network / Filesystem / whatever...

Going back to do a manual check, apparently there are many more missing Kodi log on the left, actual /Movie directory listing on the right. If Kodi was scanning everything, those should match up. (to my knowledge)

Just for kicks, I enabled verbose logging of everything, and just tried a Ctrl-F to search for the directories that were being skipped, and no luck. It's like they're invisible to Kodi for some reason.[/code]
so for the sake of argument, I tried going to Files within the Kodi interface, again, directory not there.
Tried going to Add Source, and locating it through a file selector, and again, not there, it's like Kodi can't see it at all.

Kodi is running off of a Windows machine, and that same machine can see all the directories.

If it's related (and my gut says it is), when I open File Explorer on the Windows Machine, head to \\dionysus\Movies, the folders do populate, but it takes a few milliseconds as some pop in after the initial listing. The files are hosted on a Synology NAS, and (I'm totally back-seating this here), could it be that Kod is making an initial request to get a directory listing from the network path to the NAS, it gets a list of entries, but doesn't get the full list in the first pass, but goes ahead anyway, vs Windows File Explorer, where the entries take a few miliseconds to pop in completely. Is there any way to determine how Kodi is getting it's list of entires from the NAS?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi skipping directories0