How to get list of installed addons?
Hi, I'm writing a addon like addon manager, but i dont know how to get list of installed addons. Can i do this in python code?
If there isnt a direct solution for listing addons, you could read the kodi/addons directory and parse the content
I'm fairly sure you can use JSON - Addons.GetAddons - for this.
(2016-11-15, 10:37)trogggy Wrote: I'm fairly sure you can use JSON - Addons.GetAddons - for this.

Yeah, you can. You can also filter it by using 'type' as a parameter so that you can just return all the modules or visualisations etc etc

eg
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.GetAddons","params":{"type":"xbmc.player.musicviz"}, "id": "1"}

Gives this result for me.

Code:
{"id":"1","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"addons":[{"addonid":"visualization.shadertoy","type":"xbmc.player.musicviz"},{"addonid":"visualization.goom","type":"xbmc.player.musicviz"},{"addonid":"visualization.spectrum","type":"xbmc.player.musicviz"},{"addonid":"visualization.waveform","type":"xbmc.player.musicviz"}],"limits":{"end":4,"start":0,"total":4}}}
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks you all, i tried as @SLiX said, it worked perfectly. But now i have new issues: How can i install/update/uninstall addon in python Sad
Not
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I would prefer the json interface way to get the addons. But good to hear that you were successful
What is your goal? Are you developing some kind of all-in-one installer?
(2016-11-16, 09:36)SLiX Wrote: I would prefer the json interface way to get the addons. But good to hear that you were successful
Yep! But i cant install/update/unstall addon programmatically Sad
Why the hell would you add a second system to install add-ons? What is wrong with the internal one?
(2016-11-21, 11:41)anhth Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 09:36)SLiX Wrote: I would prefer the json interface way to get the addons. But good to hear that you were successful
Yep! But i cant install/update/unstall addon programmatically Sad

This is by design. Allowing that would be ridiculously stupid from a security POV.
(2016-11-22, 09:53)wsnipex Wrote: This is by design. Allowing that would be ridiculously stupid from a security POV.

But installing by just moving an addon in addons folder was possible till jarvis.
This does not work on krypton anymore, am I right?
(2016-11-24, 15:11)SLiX Wrote: But installing by just moving an addon in addons folder was possible till jarvis.

Yes, you are right. Add-ons have to be installed via Kodi's built in add-on installer AND if they are not from the official repo, then 'allow 3rd party add-ons' needs to be enabled too.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-11-24, 15:15)black_eagle Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 15:11)SLiX Wrote: But installing by just moving an addon in addons folder was possible till jarvis.

Yes, you are right. Add-ons have to be installed via Kodi's built in add-on installer AND if they are not from the official repo, then 'allow 3rd party add-ons' needs to be enabled too.

This is not entirely true. You can still just drop the add-on into the add-on folder, then launch Kodi, got to My Addons and enable the new add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to get list of installed addons?0