Win Kodi 16.1 / 17 very slow start with Xbox One Controllers on
I've just recently had a problem and figured out what was causing it- so I thought I would share how I fixed it.

I just recently built a new HTPC with the following specs:

Fractual Design Node 202 case
Asus z170i Gaming Pro
Intel i5-6600k
Asus Geforce GTX 1060 Turbo
16gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM
512gb Samsung Pro 850 m.2 SSD

I've used Kodi for several years without any problems on several builds- until now. I noticed that sometimes Kodi would take 30 seconds to start up. Sometimes it would load the kodi.exe process, but never actually load on the screen. This rig is connected to a E600i-B3 HDTV. The problem occurred on Kodi 16.1 and 17 beta 5, even with clean profiles. I was befuddled. This was a brand new build. Kodi was faster on a 8 year old laptop than on this new computer, and it looked to me the problem wasn't specific to Kodi as it occurred across different versions with different clean profiles. I thought perhaps a conflict with the video card drivers were occurring, but this problem persisted across two different driver versions.

So, I looked in Kodi's log after another long start-up, and noticed a 10 second gap between an event occurring and the controller (xbox one) startup event. I realized Kodi was taking a long time because the Xbox one controllers were on, which explained the inconsistency in reproducing the problem prior to reading the log. My Xbox one controllers use Microsoft's Wireless Adapter for Windows. When the Xbox one controllers are off, Kodi loads in a instant (~1 sec). I've since disabled gamepad/controller support in Kodi, and I've not had this problem since regardless of whether the Xbox one controllers are on or not. I don't use the Xbox one controllers in Kodi, so disabling gamepad support was not a issue for me.

Just thought I would give everyone here a heads up, as I saw nothing about this particular problem on the forums or anywhere else on the internet.

This occurred on Jarvis 16.1 and Krypton Beta 5 on Windows 10 x64 build 1607.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.1 / 17 very slow start with Xbox One Controllers on0