Runtime file time
Question 
I am currently working on a hobby project to control/search/display info
in a windows application made with VB6.

Using Kodi 16.1 Libreelec.

Using jasonrpc to get movie data.
I have noticed that if i have a movie in the library that has not been played
then there is no runtime. Either in Movie Runtime or Streamdetails. Both return 00:00:00

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovieDetails", "params": {"movieid": 19, "properties": ["title", "genre", "plot","runtime","rating","art","file","year","streamdetails", "lastplayed"]}, "id": 1}

Once i play the movie in Kodi , and re display the same data, the runtime
apears.

It there a Jsonrpc already to initiate reading the file and getting the runtime before displaying the data

or will i need to check files and try to extract the runtime from the files myself.

thanks
Kodi doesn't know anything about the stream (video/audio codecs, duration, subtitles etc.) unless you include this information within a <streamdetails> tag in an NFO that has been scraped by Kodi, or actually play the video so that Kodi can extract the stream details information.

(2016-11-19, 01:35)k_zeon Wrote: It there a Jsonrpc already to initiate reading the file and getting the runtime before displaying the data

No there is not, it's a "GUI process" that extracts the stream details only at the start of playback.

(2016-11-19, 01:35)k_zeon Wrote: or will i need to check files and try to extract the runtime from the files myself.

Yep. But if you do that, then you might want to store the details in an NFO so that when the media is scraped into Kodi, it will be scraped with the stream details fully populated which you can then query using JSON-RPC. You could also use third-party media management tools (eg. Emby etc.) to automate this for you.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse. I have already written my own library app that does most things i need.
Will add the runtime to the nfo. thanks

Would be nice if the was a json to initiate a scan on a file to get runtime.

maybe one day

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Runtime file time0