Restart caching when regaining connection?
Hi everyone!

I'm running Kodi through LibreElec (although I believe this is a platform-independent question). I have an Arch Home Server which serves my movies/tvshows through NFS. My server/Kodi client are both connected to my router using an ethernet cable.

I'm running Kodi on an intel Nuc with 4gb of ram. That's why I modified advancedsettings.xml to set up a large cache size (around 500 mb) and set the buffermode to 1 since ram is not an issue.

Now, when the family is watching a movie, I like to work/tweak my home server. Sometimes, that involves a reboot or restarting the nfs service. A reboot is fairly quick: my home server usually reboots fully in under 30 seconds.

After a reboot, Kodi will still play video, but only until the cache runs out. Then, videos stop but audio keeps running (and also eventually stops after a few minutes).

Is there any way for kodi to resume caching/buffering after my server is back online? Something I can do on the server side to fix that? Or should this be moved to the feature request list?

P. S. : debug log coming soon...

EDIT: this is in my /etc/exports file (nfs config)
/home/fileserver/Media 10.124.161.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,insecure)
My answers coming soon (once you've posted a debug log).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Apologies for the late answer.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/L3QEBnht

Apologies for the long debug log, I've had difficulities recreating the problem. Sometimes Kodi does restart caching, sometimes it doesn't.

First tv show I tried to play, it did restart caching, both when restarting the entire server & when only restarting the specific NFS service.

The second tv show stopped playing after a certain amount of time (even when the server was back online during that period). I've noticed that at the second tv show, I skipped through to around 10-5 minutes before the end and I can recall that all other occurences of this problem were around 10-5 minutes around the end of playback.

I tried uploading this log file through the log file uploader plugin, but that plugin failed (last lines in the debug log). So uploaded it manually.

HTPC: Intel Nuc DC3217BY, Core i3- 3217U, 4 gb of ram, further specs here: http://ark.intel.com/products/71274/Inte...t-DC3217BY

Server: Core i5-4400, GA-Z97M-D3H, 16 gb of ram

Both are connected through a wire via my Dlink Dir-850l router.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restart caching when regaining connection?0