Kodi, Amazon Fire Stick 2, Diskstation UPNP
I'm having an issue with Kodi i just cant for the life of me figure out. I am running Kodi 16.1 off my Amazon Fire TV Stick 2. My Upnp server is a Synology Diskstation, using the standard built in diskstation. Kodi will not stay connected to the UPNP server. Every other device i have that streams using DNLA works just fine. Other upnp apps on the Amazon Fire TV Stick 2 work fine. But Kodi is giving me issues. If i reboot my Synology Diskstation or go and reset the UPNP device list in the diskstation, then Kodi can see the Diskstation and DNLA streaming works just fine, until i exit out of kodi. Once i exit out and start it back up, i can no longer see the Diskstation UPNP server on the network and any attempts to connect to it error out ONLY in kodi. I get "Couldnt Connect to network server", but then if i reboot the diskstation or reset the device list it works again until i exit out of Kodi. Other devices i have with Kodi dont have this issue, like my samsung galaxy phone or my nvidia shield.

Any idea's on how to fix this?
Regarding UPnP issues with Kodi for Android, I've noticed that Kodi on my Fire TV Stick sometimes takes a long time to detect my QNAP NAS with the "UPnP Media Servers (Auto-Discover)" upnp:// entry, sometimes something like 10 minutes. That might account for your issue. I've noticed that VLC and BubbleUPnP have no problem detecting the QNAP's UPnP presence almost immediately, which makes me think that there's something buggy in how Kodi for Android carries out its UPnP service discovery. I've seen some people blaming the UPnP/DLNA protocols in a related thread to this (see here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=295012) but I still suspect that something could be done to make the implementation better in Kodi, given that other apps don't seem to experience this issue.
Same problem here. Might be a problem of Kodi AND Fire TV Stick, I use Kodi on 2 Raspberry Pi, a laptop, 5 android devices, I don't have this problem on these devices. Perhaps Fire TV Stick has limitations for forcing us to use only Amazon services (or applications from their stores) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi, Amazon Fire Stick 2, Diskstation UPNP0