v17 Adaptive layout: Estuary for every aspect ratio
Try for the 3840 x 1600 resolution changing to

default="true"

then change 1920 x 1080 to

default="false"

however if all else fails try deleting all those res width lines apart from the 3840 x 1600 line you added.
Changing the Default Flag in the File didn't work.
I then put the 3840x1600 resolution to the first position in the list, but this didn't work either.
After that I deleted all lines apart from the 3840x1600 line, and than it worked.

Now the Skin is scaling correct, but as long as other resolutions are in the file, it won't.
That suggests to me the set resolution of your pc isn't being detected as 3840 x 1600
If I go to System Information, the resolution is shown correct as 3840x1600
Is the correct resolution set in

Hi,

here is my Setup

and here is what System Info in Kodi displays

I noticed on more problem with the edited file.
The skin is now scaling corretly, but video playback is not scaling proper anymore.
Now the video playback is streched horizontally.
Not sure then maybe it's something to do with that not being a true 21:9 resolution see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_d....971600.29
(2017-02-24, 16:15)John McClane Wrote: Changing the Default Flag in the File didn't work.
I then put the 3840x1600 resolution to the first position in the list, but this didn't work either.
After that I deleted all lines apart from the 3840x1600 line, and than it worked.

Now the Skin is scaling correct, but as long as other resolutions are in the file, it won't.
same experience here, in order for a custom aspect ratio to work it has to be the only entry in the addon.xml file, adding the new aspect ratio as an additional line, or positioning the new aspect ratio at the top, bottom or middle of the list has no effect...

on a side note, i'm finding that playing around with the dsplayer's osd settings (move osd into active video area / define visible screen area) in combination with custom resolutions in the addon.xml file can, in effect, turn the kodi skin into a custom 2.35.1 skin given that the dspalyer's settings are global, i.e. they don't just impact the player which i assumed, instead the settings impact the entire skin, which is perfect for my my needs (2.35:1 screen)....
(2016-11-23, 04:08)phil65 Wrote: We have some good news to tell you:
The new iteration of Estuary now scales fine to any common aspect ratio out there:

21:9 examples:

ImageImageImage

4:3 examples:

ImageImageImage

This is the first one of its kind, so some feedback for devices with non-16:9 resolutions is much appreciated.

Supported aspect ratios: 4:3, 3:2, 16:10, 16:9, 21:9
 I have a 2.35 screen and zoom out my projector when playing 2.35 movies so that the top/bottom black bars are off the screen and the video area of the title then fills my entire screen nicely. The only issue is that the OSD for Kodi is then off the screen when in the pause menu (so the icons/controls/tags are not visible).  Is that what this supported aspect ratio options is for? I would set it to 21:9 and it would solve it? To be clear, I'm most interested in getting the OSD during playback inside the video frame then I am about making better use of the extra wide screen such as another column of thumbnails, but that would be a nice side benefit as well.

Also I am new to Kodi and am currently running the 17 krypton release build on Nvidia Shield TV with the default Estuary skin. Where do I access the setting that controls the supported aspect ratio, as I do not see any such option?  Likewise I am planning to try out the latest nightly Kodi 18 and latest Estuary skin for that - are these aspect ratios available there too?  Thank you.
I also have a CIH zoomed beamer - Wiki point 3 - and i wish Estuary v17 or v18 would support them but actually it doesn't. Estuary only support screens with fixed aspect rations. There are some skins like ScopeNox and AutoNox that have support.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Thanks. In my case it's fine if Kodi treats my screen as being a fixed aspect ratio of 21:9. The original post I quoted suggests that this is supported and supposedly can be selected, but how? Just to be clear, I do not want Kodi to do any scaling to the video at all - I just want it to smartly place the OSD inside the screen area.
Seems there is no 1280×1024 [SXGA] 5:4 support.
Can we add one?
Dear @phil65, I see there was no activity from you recently.
Could you be so kind to inform us if you are going to support you skin further, or we are left on our own?
(2019-11-04, 00:50)bam80 Wrote: Seems there is no 1280×1024 [SXGA] 5:4 support.
Can we add one?

Try adding the resolution to the Estuary skin addon.xml see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...xml#L7-L14

Make sure to set the resolution to

default="true"

and set the 1920 x 1080 to

default="false"
Thanks, but just adding the resolution screws the layout. So all skin should be tweaked probably

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adaptive layout: Estuary for every aspect ratio1