Multiple backgrounds on home
Hi, I've just updated from eden 11.0 to jarvis 16.1 and the skin options for multiple backgrounds on the various home sections, like movies and music etc, have gone.

I can now only select one static background image, where before I had multiple different background images for movies, tv shows and music, like a slideshow for background images which was dependant on which option I was at on the home screen. How do I get this back?

I tried searching for this info but all I keep finding is how to enable to one static image. It's using the same default skin, confluence, so it's not because they're on different skins...

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Doesn't look like Confluence features multiple backdrops, why not try another skin like Transparency! Not only can you have slide show backdrop folders, but each button can have it's own set, even animated.
Cheers, I know the options have been removed, I'm trying to get them back... I guess I could change skins but I like the HD / SD icon you get in confluence and was hoping to re-enable the multiple background images like there is in eden 11.0. It's a little frustrating to update and find features have been removed, it feels a little backwards, aren't features supposed to be added?

I was happy with eden, except the Universal Movie Scraper broke and the one from jarvis won't work in eden forcing me to update. But instead of fixing the feature that broke it's just swapped it out one for another that's broke.

I'm sure I read years ago about an add-on to re-enable this option in skin settings for confluence, but I can't find it. The are a tonne of add-ons and phrases like multiple backgrounds aren't helping me find the relevant one.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
Is this what you were looking for?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213246

The Github page linked from it doesn't exist now sadly, but the comment in the thread may help?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If you like the general layout of Confluence but want a more customisable skin then why not have a look at Xonfluence:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238630

I believe it does let you have multiple backgrounds for different menu categories.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-11-26, 19:45)DarrenHill Wrote: Is this what you were looking for?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213246

The Github page linked from it doesn't exist now sadly, but the comment in the thread may help?
That looks close, I thought I read of an addon that re-enables this but if that doesn't exists I'll edit the skin.

I had a look at addons/skin.confluence/720p/IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml but couldn't see anywhere obvious to replace the single image with multi image control. If you could explain a little further and show me what I'm supposed to replace I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

(2016-11-26, 20:07)Dangelus Wrote: If you like the general layout of Confluence but want a more customisable skin then why not have a look at Xonfluence:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238630

I believe it does let you have multiple backgrounds for different menu categories.
I want to avoid changing skins if possible as I'm sure I'll just end up loosing other stuff I use in the default skin too and be even further from what I want. I just want the simplest option to get the feature back and not have to spend ages figuring out how to configure a different skin.
Sadly not - I'm not a skinner but if you drop a post in the Confluence thread in the skins section someone may be able to assist more. I just saw your original post and did a bit of searching - I don't recall ever seeing an add-on such as you describe, but personally I use the Amber skin (which itself has the multiple backgrounds functionality, as a passing comment if you do decide to switch skin).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Cheers, I'll drop a post in that thread. Thanks a tonne for the heads up on how to get this back... hopefully someone in that section can help edit this back in!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple backgrounds on home0