Linux HDMI - HD audio passthrough bug ?
Any News? Can you link your upstream bug?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-12-01, 07:19)fritsch Wrote: Any News? Can you link your upstream bug?

I think it's this one: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98797
Yeah - already subscribed since some months :-) I only asked retorically, so that he actually files the bug.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-28, 09:37)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - already subscribed since some months :-) I only asked retorically, so that he actually files the bug.

Hi,i have tried Linux in the past but as best i got PCM out of it, with W7 i get Dts-Hd Ma, so the hardware and Avr supports it.

So, if i want a linux based OS that support passthrough with built in Intel 4600 graphics what would i choose ?
I read some of the threads and i see there is some kernel limitations or driver limitations etc in some distributions,so to skip most of them,what should i choose ?

My mb is msi,not sure what model, but the cpu is intel 4330, the Avr is Pioneer vsx 930, Tv is a cheap Skantic 50".

I preffer linux,i only use windows since it was easier to get to work with passthrough, DTS sounds much better than a forced "Dolby surround" setting on the Avr,but if i could have both Linux AND DTS audio i would be happy Smile

As a sidenote, if built in intel audio is hard to get to work, i can buy a cheap passive nvidia card for example, i have a spare gt210 i could use, or i could buy a newer 610 for example if that makes things easier.
If none of above graphics is easy to get running, point me to a good distribution,and or guide, and ill post logs from there.

Also ; i want a desktop for spotify and youtube, so none of the openelec etc will work for me since i assume they all boot right in to Kodi ?

Would love some input on this before i install so i may have better success Smile
So this is just an linux issue?

I recently bought a ASRock J3455 and now I have to read that TrueHD Sound is not working. Sad. They advertise with it so it have to work ;-D
Would be really happy if this is _just an linux issue_ because I work with Windows 10.

Thank and have a nice weekend
It's a linux driver issue, a kernel issue. Has nothing to do with kodi. The problem is only for the HDMI 2.0 out of those boards. HDMI 1.4 versions or DVI -> HDMI 1.4 are not affected.

There is an Apollo Lake thread in the hardware section where also windows users take part - ask them about current Windows 10 behaviour.
So I can still enjoy 4k + DTS HD without any issue? No Hardware-Bug?
please delete. double post.
You ask again in the wrong thread.
Hi all,

I´ve found this thread in the forum after several searchs trying to find out a solution with my problem...
My scenario is the next:
NUC7i5DNHE running Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
NUC is connected to my AV Reciever Yamaha RX-V673

Following this entry in the wiki to disable PulseAudio and use ALSA for Ubuntu and, configuring the sound settings in KODI as it shows:

I can passthrough AC3 or DTS tracks to my reciever but, when I change to a DTS-HD or TrueHD track it changes to Decoder OFF (with no audio) even when my AV Reciever is able to decode them also.

So, my question is if is it related with the problems mentioned other posts before? or is it a configuration problem in my NUC / Ubuntu?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
It's your configuration problem. Works fine for others.

What about your Debug Log?
(2019-10-23, 20:53)fritsch Wrote: It's your configuration problem. Works fine for others.

What about your Debug Log?

Sure! Here it is.

olozefetaq.kodi (paste)

I´ve played a movie which has Dolby AC-3 5.1 and Dolby TrueHD audio tracks. When I start to play the movie with default track Dolby AC-3 5.1 passthrough works and I get the information of the AC-3 5.1 audio in the AV Reciever.
But, Then I switched to the TrueHD track and sound is stopped (muted) video continues playing, and AV Reciever show Decoder OFF not recieving any kind of audio.

Keep waiting your comments. Thanks.
Log is perfectly fine :-)
(2019-10-24, 21:33)fritsch Wrote: Log is perfectly fine :-)

In that case... where is the problem? Is it related with the HDMI cable maybe? 

I´m almost sure that the cable which connect Intel NUC to Yamaha AV Reciever is 1.4 version. Which should be compatible with that kind of audio tracks...not?

Any other suggestion or test that you would like do?

Thanks
Google for: NUC7i5DNHE + lspcon

It does not do natively HDMI but uses a converter chip. To get DTS-HD / TrueHD working it needs a firmware update on latest version.

See: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...-kits.html

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI - HD audio passthrough bug ?0