Unable to delete child timer without deleting rule
Hello,

I am using the built in NextPVR add-on, and I have tried in both Kodi 16 and 17 to delete a just a single timer that is part of a recurring rule without success. You do get a question if you want to deleted just the single item or the entire rule, but even if tell it to just delete the single entry, it still ends up removing the entire rule and all of the child timers.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a workaround?
Sorry, this is a known issue. You have to either delete the entire recurring recording, or just let it record then delete the rceording.
Any chance this is something that is being worked on? As of 17.4, it is still impossible to delete a single future episode recording instance timer without also deleting the entire series' timer rule, even if you select "just this" when prompted.

Once the recording starts, you can tell it to stop recording without affecting the entire series, but only from the EPG, not from Recordings or Timers.
(2017-09-18, 03:47)Sergio526 Wrote: Any chance this is something that is being worked on?
It's on the to-do list, but I'm not actively working on it at this stage.
This issue is really annoying.  It may seem like a simple thing but deleting the entire string so that you can add a recording that conflicts is an problem. Puts you in the mode to delete the timer rule and just set it to record the items you need but that requires a lot of work maintaining the list. - Put me down as one waiting for a fix.
My work around to this has been to install X-NEWA which, among other things, give you the NextPVR GUI in Kodi. So when I have to delete a single instance of a series, I do it using that.  It's not ideal, but it does work without too much hassle.

https://forums.nextpvr.com/forumdisplay.php?55-X-NEWA
Where might I find the API documentation so I can have a go at fixing this myself?
(2018-12-18, 14:10)mcelliott Wrote: Where might I find the API documentation so I can have a go at fixing this myself?
Unfortunately the api wont help you - it's a backend thing rather than addon thing. 

The reason the NextPVR addon behaves this way is because every night after the EPG update it re-processes the recurring recordings, and as part of this it'll delete any scheduled recordings associated with a recurring recording, then look for new show matches in the current EPG data, and schedule them. If it had let you delete a single scheduled episode, it'd end up being rescheduled that night.
(2018-12-18, 14:10)mcelliott Wrote: Where might I find the API documentation so I can have a go at fixing this myself?
 The API is not documented but the source to the PVR addon gives a view of the http calls that you can probably figure out   https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr  

The line that seems to be relevant is https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.nextpvr/...r.cpp#L986

You can test the call with a browser and post questions on the API to sub on the NextPVR forum in the developement area.

Martin
(2018-12-18, 19:38)sub3 Wrote: The reason the NextPVR addon behaves this way is because every night after the EPG update it re-processes the recurring recordings, and as part of this it'll delete any scheduled recordings associated with a recurring recording, then look for new show matches in the current EPG data, and schedule them. If it had let you delete a single scheduled episode, it'd end up being rescheduled that night. 
 I thought when you deleted a recording it put the unique_id in the recently deleted table.

Martin
(2018-12-18, 19:38)sub3 Wrote:
Unfortunately the api wont help you - it's a backend thing rather than addon thing. 

The reason the NextPVR addon behaves this way is because every night after the EPG update it re-processes the recurring recordings, and as part of this it'll delete any scheduled recordings associated with a recurring recording, then look for new show matches in the current EPG data, and schedule them. If it had let you delete a single scheduled episode, it'd end up being rescheduled that night. 
What happens if I use NextPVR itself to delete on schedule? Does that work? Sorry, I know I could try it (and I will) but it doesn't hurt to ask.
(2018-12-18, 19:58)mcelliott Wrote:
(2018-12-18, 19:38)sub3 Wrote:

What happens if I use NextPVR itself to delete on schedule? Does that work? Sorry, I know I could try it (and I will) but it doesn't hurt to ask. 
In NextPVR itself, it will let you delete an individual scheduled episode, but it will reschedule the episode overnight. (see exception in post below)
(2018-12-18, 19:51)emveepee Wrote:
(2018-12-18, 19:38)sub3 Wrote: The reason the NextPVR addon behaves this way is because every night after the EPG update it re-processes the recurring recordings, and as part of this it'll delete any scheduled recordings associated with a recurring recording, then look for new show matches in the current EPG data, and schedule them. If it had let you delete a single scheduled episode, it'd end up being rescheduled that night. 
 I thought when you deleted a recording it put the unique_id in the recently deleted table.

Martin 
 That is true - if you're using an EPG with unique show identifiers (and delete an individual episode in NextPVR's own UI), it won't auto reschedule that particular episode. I've never been quite sure if that is the correct behaviour though, since some times people are just cancelling an episode so that it some other recording can happen, and they'd probably want that episode to record if it airs again at some other time in the guide...
(2018-12-18, 22:38)sub3 Wrote:  I've never been quite sure if that is the correct behaviour though, since some times people are just cancelling an episode so that it some other recording can happen, and they'd probably want that episode to record if it airs again at some other time in the guide...
 I believe it is good logic since you do have good conflict handling that is better then deleting the recording.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to delete child timer without deleting rule0